Garden Railway Get Together

chris

There's been talk of a get together on another thread and it's probably about time we started discussing it under a suitable title...

The proposal is that we use the Mallard 75 celebrations as an opportunity for a meet up. These will take place in York between July 3rd and 17th at the NRM. I will also welcome you to visit Amblethorpe for a running session.

We need to work out a date.

If there is a preference for a weekend then the 6/7th and 13/14th are both posibles for a meet up. However, I'm very involved with our local carnival on the 6th and will be too tired to function on the 7th. The 13/14th is the weekend of Hornby Magazine Live at Hartlepool, which I plan to attend, but probably on the Sunday. So that leaves Saturday 13th July.

If a weekday works best then 9th (tue), 10th (wed) or 12th (fri) would be OK for me.

So who's interested.

• 4 months later...

With AndyR heading to the great gathering today, and news of records crowds there yesterday I'll revive this thread and say that I'm going to the great gathering on Wednesday or Friday.

If anyone wants to try and meet up just let me know.

chris said:

Friday it is.

There's big queues by lunchtime and a "one in one out" policy. I should be able to get there for 10ish if you can, that would probably be best.

I was keeping my powder dry on this, but you have just made my mind up. I have absolutely no chance of standing in a queue, so will have to give it a miss. I don't suppose I would last 10 minutes without falling over. Even the little walk down from the station would be enough. Mallard has done well enough without seeing me before and will just have to wait a bit longer. Sorry .

Chris,

I'll be with a couple of friends and we're catching the 10.59 train from Micklefield due into York at 11.19.

I can call you when I'm in the museum if you like?

Doesn't look like being much of a get together does it? :|

I was planning on going with a friend, but he may be busy.

If he's not going I may meet you off the train.

Shame the get together hasn't panned out. The weather tomorrow is perfect for garden railways.

Sorry I wont be there. I was looking forward to it, but I would only end up needing medical attention and causing a fuss. This would be even more certain if the heat continues. Nobody needs that, least of all me. Enjoy yourselves lads. I shall content myself with two or three more metres of roofing felt on the trackbed.

Oh bugger I wish I'd known earlier as I'm on holidays at the moment and could have flown to UK. I've seen Mallard before in person but would have loved to meet some of the blokes off this forum for a running session. :(

I wonder if Dominion of Canada was repaired for the event as a report said 'she' was in a bad state in her museum with much rust to the boiler clothing.

Roy.

Archived