"Thames Express" - NSE Mk1 passenger train

ba14eagle

Barely able to press the shutter button on the camera outside this morning, Brrrr, but this is my recently completed Network South East Mk1 coach set.

It will be used with my Hornby Class 50's and Bachmann Class 47 and represents a set of vehicles allocated to the "Thames" sector of NSE, allocated to Old Oak Common depot, West London, from 1986 to 1993, when these loco hauled trains were replaced by Class 165 / 166 "Thames Turbo" DMU's, on services from London Paddington to Newbury / Oxford.

The set is formed of 9 Bachmann Mk1 coaches in Network South East "aquafresh" or "toothpaste" livery. It has within its formation, 1 x NEA, 2 x BSK, 1 x FK and 5 x SK vehicles. Each vehicle has been weathered, painted internally with representations of the different seat fabric colours used and, where appropriate, passengers added. The last vehicle is fitted with a Train-Tech tail-lamp unit, which switches on and flickers with the movement of the train. If the sensor doesnt pick up any movement for 4 minutes, it switches off. This item is very easy to fit and looks very effective. It doesnt even have to be put in a full brake vehicle (as many people may be tempted to do) - with a little surgery of the toilet compartment in the SK, it fits very nicely.The set will also be used as my charter train set - minus the NEA - when hauled by 7F, 53808.

Below are pictures of each vehicle type included.

DSCF2989.JPG

DSCF2990.JPG

DSCF2992.JPG

DSCF2991.JPG

DSCF2993.JPG