Heljan Railfreight Class 58, 58037

ba14eagle

This Heljan loco (very similar to Micks 58041) has been on and off my "desirable locos to own" list for quite a while now, but when the opprtunity came up to buy one at a reasonable price, I had to snap it up. Im not sure it quite fits into my West Country / West of Bristol collection of rolling stock, but it does have some personal memories for me - namely, I arrived at Birmingham New St one Saturday (many moons ago...) and found this very loco at the head of an inter regional train from Leeds to Poole. My friend and I hopped on board and had quite a lively ride to Coventry.

Anyway, the loco is the standard Heljan offering, which just needs the cab / body hand rails changing to the correct pattern solid ones and some light weathering applied, before fitting with a sound chip and entering service - quite possibly on my inter-regional rake of mark 2 coaches ;)

DSCF2979.JPG

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Looks really good what you have done with this. I have the same model and would love to do the same with the handrails, do you mind letting me know where you got them from? I can see A1 models do some but I don't think they look quite a good as yours do?
Many thanks
Paul

Yes that's the ones, that's great cheers. I won an ebay heljan 58 yesterday so not sure if the detailing will be with it, didn't realise that Heljan gave the extra detailing, all the pics I have seen show the original handrails but the ones with backboards you have put on look so much better. Cheers

Just looked at pictures now and after all these years I never realised they had different rails! I certainly prefer the look of the ones you have put on so hopefully I will get some in the pack as the model is the same loco, we'll see. Thanks again