Layout pictures collection

traingeekboy

Just a sampling of numerous layout pics from peoples garden railways. I decided I wanted a place with an overview of all the different layouts we have on here. They aren't the best shots of everyones layouts, but they were the shots that stuck out when browsing hundreds of discussion entries. it's interesting to see how diverse the layouts are on here, yet all capture something special of their own.

NOTE: Griff's layout picture collection has now been moved into its own Gallery Album which can be accessed from our Photo Gallery.

Links to larger images:

http://www.janesullivan.webspace.virginmedia.com/railway/images/IMG_0381a.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some larger scale models that are really worth looking at:

The Mogollon Railway: http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=1222&forum_id=17&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A nice O scale layout under construction: http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/displayForumTopic/content/5512461211870139/page/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edited by Guest

Griff,

Having looked through that lot, reminds me that I haven't done anything at all to the GGR over the last few years. Well apart from getting rid of the branchline red girder bridge. Need to get some more pictures taken of the new way the track is layed along with appropriate trains. Once the weather has decided to dry things up will have to get outside with some stock and do a few posed shots again.

Ian

I may have missed your thread. Do you have pics up?

Only construction pic's Griff, nothing actually running yet........ but getting there. When I do, you will have a few to choose from no doubt but

just need things to dry up a bit so I can progress. Still motivated to get things running but apart from the weather I have a few 'distractions' going

on at the moment which include Hospitals & Doctors & an inability to see what I'm doing properly :( but we shall overcome :) !!

Brian.

I just made a list of images that showed Garden railways whether finished or not. I need to embed them yet. But I think a thread without comments that just shows what it's like, and possibly gives a clue as to why we do this for newcomers.

Rossi - I noticed that as well, but felt the pics should get shared anyway. We've lost as many as we've gained it seems.

I embedded all the images except Jane's, the forum says there is a limit on the size of embedded pics. Any way we can change that?....

We could, but the page would take an eternity to load - not to mention the bandwidth that larger images would require. Remember that every time anyone loads this page every single image will have to be downloaded again and again. That's the reason why the 'gallery' section has been set up to allow you to upload larger images and why attachments in individual posts need to be limited in size. It might have been possible (still would be I guess) to have a new gallery album specifically for a collection of everyone's photos unless you're happy as things are.

It's easy enough to get the large images and scale them down in size. I will start making mine smaller. And if anyone has links to images, I'll ask to see if they'll let me scale them and re-post them.

Be my guest Griff if it makes life easier for others and give's us more space to play with

Ian

I liked the sign too much. Added it to the first post. :)

Glad you like it Griff, it was a Christmas gift from Sylvia & is an enameled metal plate replicating an original design used on British Railways. Putting it up has been about all the 'outside work' I've done this year.... :cry:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to do it and glad you like it. I really think we have a very nice selection of layouts now. It's good to be able to show off everyones work.

To everyone, if you take a photo of your layout you really like, send me a link to it in Pm's and I'll add it to the thread.