I'm suffering in the cold.

traingeekboy

We're a bit like Spring bulbs Griff, just waiting to burst into life when the sun breaks through :)

Seriously, we've had some bitterly cold days recently but nothing too severe. One day it didn't get above -2.5 the whole day (data from my weather station!) but I'm okay with that. On the other hand I have never known a year with so much rain and if you can believe the researchers then we're going to get much the same over the coming years. They say it's all to do with the positioning of the Jet Stream. I'm not sure how that possibility will affect our ideas of a garden railway.

It's rained non-stop today and when I went out to the bottom shed earlier the ground is absolutely saturated. I've never seen the lawn like that before.

It's been a very bad year.

Yep. I concur.... even the Rossi is quiet and he is in the Canary Islands.

Spring time we are all set to bloom. Ive got four Live steamers just waiting for a run, but I think those first few running weeks will more likely involve soldering, Bus repairs and who knows what other surprises. It will be my first post winter spring of being a Garden railway user, so I have no idea what to expect.

Yeah I have this itch to work on the layout, but my fingers would go numb in about 15 minutes. Not to mentioned that I need to cover more ply with bitumen and felt; I doubt I can get the bitumen to be more than a thick glop in this weather.

Along with the winter slow down there is an absence of certain members. We haven't heard from a bunch of members in quite some time. I know how it is because I do the same thing, I just get busy with other things. Still it would be nice to know everyone is doing well.