BACHMANN 47522 in LNER livery

mick

The latest Bachmann Collectors Limited edition model is a celebrity status Class 47 in LNER green livery (31-650K) At Doncaster Works Open Day on 3rd October 1987 Class 47 No.47522 was named 'Doncaster Enterprise' by Councillor Gladys Ambler, Mayor of Doncaster. The locomotive was immaculately turned out in LNER green livery specifically for this occasion. The Locomotive entered traffic on 9th November in 1966 in two tone green livery with yellow warning panels. Carrying its original number D1105 and being allocated to York. It was re-numbered to 47522 in March 1974. No 47522 was withdrawn from Traffic in January 1999.

31-650K.jpg

I agree, it does look very nice and so I've taken the opportunity to treat myself. I really don't need any more class 47s but I do like to add different liveries to my collection and this one's certainly different. I'll add a few photos once it arrives.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never used eBay since I cancelled my account some time ago (saved a fortune since that time!) but I've just seen a post on another forum indicating that one of these models of 47522 has so far received a bid of £250!! I've just taken a look and it's true. There's also a batch of 4 being advertised at £299 each (post free). I'm glad I'm no longer an ebayer - it's crazy on there.

As for my own model, well it arrived a week or so ago but I've not yet had chance to take any photos. Looks very nice.