The Clay Hill Line

derinr

This is my garden railway, its been running for about a year, its DCC with a 5amp booster, i like to run all sorts mix & match, I often get asked or Told, that didn't pull that or them, but I like to run trains, my baby at the moment is my new Hornby A4 Falcon in British Railways Green, I have fitted a sound chip & speaker in the loco, sounds better than the tender, also working oil lamps at the front add great effect, the chip came from Oliva's Trains Sheffield, there sound is great & all come from the real thing

derinr_001.jpg

derinr_002.jpg

I have two main lines that run round the garden, which have to be swept every run {Blackbirds LOL}

derinr_003.jpg

We are based in Nottinghamshire and often have summer meets, we do also switch to DC running for our older model's

Hi Derinr and welcome to the forum. (I have edited your initial post in order to resize your image attachments so that they are completely viewable - hope this is okay)

As you will probably know by now, I also like to run whatever takes my fancy and my collection of rolling stock spans most era's of the railway scene as well as most regions. I do try to keep more or less the correct stock behind my loco's if at all possible but so long as it's not too far out then I'm happy.

As you've been operating for about a year then you must have started around the same time as I did. My layout was begun in June/July 2009 so it's almost one year old.

I see you've added a station and some scenic work whereas I haven't yet done so. A station is a possibility for the future with my layout but at the moment I've got other things to attend to. Do you have storage roads or a fiddle yard area attached or do you have to place stock on track and remove it in order to run anything else?

I'm delighted that I'm not the only one who is pestered with Blackbirds! They seem to have taken a fancy to one particular section of my track which they use as a convenient place to perch. It's a full time job keeping up with them and trying to keep the tracks clear. The light covering of snow really adds to the atmosphere in your photos and makes a very realistic scene.

I'm a big fan of the LNER loco's, especially A4's, though I only have the one sound-fitted example (Herring Gull by Hornby). I have 2 or 3 that require DCC chips fitting and these will be done once I have some storage roads installed and in operation.

Look forward to hearing more about the Clay Hill Line in the near future.