WagonCam tour

doublecee

Had an idea whilst in the little engine drivers room.

I have a prototype Wagon Cam that is V.2. Currently working on V3

I would like to know if you would all want to participate in an experiment.

I send it to a member, he plays with it for a day or two, filming his layout from Wagon Cam. He burns it to a disc, sends the disc to me and WagonCam to the next user, so on and so fourth until WagonCam works its way back to me. Ill then edit the footage and take it from there.

The test will be to a tight schedule, with small windows for weather either side of your slot allowed, before it has to be moved on.

This would be open to all members that would want to participate and happy to cover the postage costs to users. I will cover additional costs to TrainGeek and Rossi (apologies if any other overseas members have been missed)

Thoughts?

blogger-image--374341462.jpg-xoS9 ... 341462.jpghttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-xoS9TOZaoFA/UHxa0sIvBCI/AAAAAAAABRQ/e3Qj2kNnGqA/s640/blogger-image--374341462.jpg' alt='URL>'>

Love to join in but me a modern technology don't get on. I have enough problems using this computer and a very old digitial camera. If an idiots guide is sent with the wagon cam then yes I will run it around the GGR but will have to get the next person to do the downloading and all that for me. I am a complete computer retard when it comes to all the other actions that need to be done.

Ian

What's all this about then.....?

Like others I'd be willing to take part but with only a short to and fro section currently available there's not a lot I could offer just yet. Perhaps by the time 'wagoncam' has visited more distant lands I'll have something more worthwhile. If the experiment proves a success then perhaps another tour next year could be possible?

As ian has said he's not technical, but these camera's are super easy. And if downloading off the camera is hard, just send it on full with a note and let the next guy download it for you.

Count me in then, the simpler the better, so long as is doesn't include glue and kits I should be alright.

But what should I have running for the journey around the GGR. Pink class 31, GWR liveried A4, experimental dark blue A3, experimental light green Hall, decisions decisions decisions.

Ian

What's all this about then.....?

Hey Mick, you turn your back for 5 minutes and suddenly we are all making a movie ;)

Not said this recently... Thanks again Mick for starting this forum and keeping it on the tracks. I've got a feeling that several people have started building their railway just becuase of the confidence they have gained from seeing on here what has been done by others.

I'm having great fun with my railway, and now I'm looking forward to wagon cam :D

I've got a feeling that several people have started building their railway just becuase of the confidence they have gained from seeing on here what has been done by others.

I'm having great fun with my railway, and now I'm looking forward to wagon cam :D

I cite Selby Garden Railway and the videos Jules used to put on on youtube as the main influences in me getting my finger out and building the layout.

Anyway, I will now ask that all interested parties send me a PM with their details and addresses soI can work out a schedule.

Im going to give each user a two week window of opportunity, to have a play and get used to the wagon, as well as a crib sheet and a few How To Shoot ideas.

Once I have the names of interested people, Wagon Cam Prototype will be hitting the road.

What sort of footage are you looking for Craig? What are you hoping to do with it once it's all edited together? Would it be possible for those with their own HD mini-cameras to do their own filming and send the footage to you or does it have to be done with WagonCam?

If everyone has a two week window then maybe, just maybe, if the weather stays kind I can add a few more feet to Worsley Dale and open a new station before it got around to my turn. Another 15-20 feet should be enough for a platform and some buffer stops.