'The Oakdale Valley' Garden Railway:

sykarost

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just popping in to see how the layout is coming along, though not expecting much progress in winter. ;)

And wanted to wish you a merry christmas.

Sadly Griff, very little (in fact nothing) has been achieved since my health problem conspired to prevent much activity. As it was built throughout last winter but requires certain 'modification' I have decided to sit it out now til the spring when maybe I'm in better shape both physically (& mentally) to do what is needed.

Other problems have also arisen to explain my absence from the forum, my wife has recently been diagnosed with a rare cancer for which she will be having major surgery on 3rd January...... We are uncertain of what the future holds for us right now but all my efforts will be directed at her treatment/recovery before I can concentrate on the railway (outdoors or in!!).

Many thanks for the Christmas Wishes & we hope you too have a wonderful time and this is also extended to everyone on the forum along with sincere best wishes for a happy, healthy & successful 2014.

I'll Be Back ;)

Brian.

So sorry to hear of that news Brian. It's another of those awkward situations where it's hard to know what to say but from recent personal experiences I know that you will understand and not expect anyone to say anything.

I sincerely hope that you can have a wonderful Xmas and that the New Year brings much more positive news. My best wishes to both of you.

• 3 months later...