Amblethorpe

chris

There still could be plenty of leg plugging opportunities, just because I've got a new camera, it doesn't mean I know how to use it. Took me ten minutes to workout why I couldn't get the pictures off it and onto my computer—it's a Mac, I'm used to these things just working.

chris said:

...just because I've got a new camera, it doesn't mean I know how to use it. Took me ten minutes to workout why I couldn't get the pictures off it and onto my computer...

Ten minutes...! :o It would have taken me the best part of the day to work that one out!

Do we take it then that although you "don't know how to use it", the fact that you had to work out (for a whole 10 minutes ;) ) how to get the photos onto your computer, you must have actually taken some photos?

No pressure whatsoever of course but after such a wait I am fully expecting to see a series of highly professional images depicting a garden layout that would put Bekonscot to shame and in anticipation of that I've updated the Gallery software to the latest version (at great pain to myself I might add) and enabled higher quality uploads to meet your requirements.

Bring it on!

I managed to get a good few hours of work in today, on the back of a couple after work yesterday. I've prepped my salvaged aluminium girders, they required a couple of lips sawing off at the ends and plenty of holes drilled so the can be screwed in place. The other main job was painting three 2440mm by 300mm boards, two coats, both sides and all edges. It was going swimmingly until the afternoon delievered rain showers :!:

Got them all done in the end so I'm quite close to being able to fit them to the shelving brackets that went up yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

chris said:

I am now the proud owner of .... a Grand Central MK3 Buffet Car...

I guess after the delay getting them onto the market that it's only to be expected that they'd soon be offered at discount prices. Hattons have them reduced to £15 already!

Due to family commitments I've not been able to visit the forum as much as I would have liked to over recent weeks - have I missed any photographs yet Chris? :)

mick said:

I guess after the delay getting them onto the market that it's only to be expected that they'd soon be offered at discount prices. Hattons have them reduced to £15 already!

so your advice to snap one up quick before they sell out wasn't one of your best tips ;)

Great weather at the moment. I've managed to get out for an hour or two this week and I'm making good progress with the clear roofing I'm putting up between my shed and my neighbours. Had to describe, so I may just have to take a photo when it's up.

I'm sat twiddling my thumbs. After a week of wonderful weather (for those of you aboard, yesterday was the hottest October day even recorded in the UK) I've woken to light rain, which is stopping me doing everything I had planned for today. The forecast was a nailed on sunny 25°c

:x

chris said:

I'm sat twiddling my thumbs. After a week of wonderful weather (for those of you aboard, yesterday was the hottest October day even recorded in the UK) I've woken to light rain, which is stopping me doing everything I had planned for today. The forecast was a nailed on sunny 25°c

:x

That is seriously unlucky!! We've still got scorching sunshine here in south essex, they reckon it could be another record breaker. We'll be thinking of you twiddling your thumbs while we're busy playing trains ;)

Thumb twiddling stopped and I got on with it and I've managed a serious amount of work. Canopy roof is in place and I've been working on baseboards. The large one which will take the tracks out of the shed as they curve to return down the garden has been cut to size and had a coat of paint. An off cut from that board has also been painted ready for it to be positioned lower than the main boards to enable an under bridge. I've still got 3 hours of (overcast) daylight so plan to get on with more painting and other stuff.

And yes, photos have been taken :!:

Stunning day up in Norfolk today! Definitely sounds like you have been busy, I'll look forward to seeing the photos. I managed a few hours action this afternoon after my youngest sons christening do. Only problem was one particular 4 year old walking down the track! Not impressed.. No obvious damage thankfully, shame I could barricade the end of the Garden. Too many kids I. One place is always a handful :)

Once the more unruly ones had departed we had a small steam gala. If the weather holds for next weekend I aim to complete my second running line.

It appears that the security of your account may have been compromised. Looks like someone using your username has posted a photo in the gallery section. I will of course put a stop to it immediately! The cheeky beggars eh?