Patio line

flapland101

I was going to ask if the depot had been varnished and also if anyone knew of a suitable matt aerosol varnish which will offer some kind of protection.I assume the fading was through sunlight and not semi soluble paint. Interesting to hear the Scaledale stuff is OK, perhaps they treat theirs or use paints which don't fade/washout.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Time a update on the Patio Line. I have expanded my coaching stock and wagon collection a little and started adding a few buildings in the past few weeks. Coaching stock wise I have taken advantage of the good prices available on Bachmann MK1 BR Maroon stock adding a rake of 7 including a BG all coupled using the special brake hose type coupling. I have also bought from hattons 5 MK1 Pullmans although 3 of these will need renumbering/naming using transfers available, for £21 I couldn't resist. The buldings added are two of the Scenecraft Carriage sheds and some very temporary placed Peco platforms I got cheap off ebay. Also added a few of the new Bachmann ex LNER Fish Vans which are very nicely modelled although do need weathering.

Below is my latest and worst :o video with a 9f and 7f on freight hence SDJR title.

cuSOnnhqk20

Now looking at options to put a 2.5m or so long 8 or more track fiddle yard in during the autumn. Sticking with the recycled plastic approach 18mm ecoboard pre-cut looks my best bet as a base but wondering if to try three points or not. Also not sure if to go for 100% through yard or 40/40 south exit/north exist with one or two through tracks as this would allow for longer trains. Just off to cost it !!

Hi traingeekboy, glad you liked the bad video. I have plans for buildings and next year some decent and live plants. Other scenery I don't think will work so well except perhaps some bridges and if I can work out how to do it without too big an incline a loop of track that passes under the main track at one point. Lots of ideas but cash means I have to be careful. For example my fiddle yard idea might get reduced to one through road and 4-5 sidings as I thought how likely am I to fill that amount of space. Also putting that amount of stock out would take ages. No running tonight as the chance of rain is a little too high.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I have been busy building a yard and station since my last update. Neither are the finished item with the yard perhaps needing a redesign and the station fences, people, furniture etc but it will be the last major build of 2012. I made good use of the dry weather last Saturday and this weekend.

I have made another dodgy video which is below. Need to get a train cam though at some point.

NqH11LbarDQ

• 3 months later...

Winter wonderland update, or wrong kind of snow for running today.

8398011929_8cbe46260e_b.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not posted much recently a brief update on the patio line, I now have a four track mainline through the station and right round although one line does go on the inside of the yard a is a little tight for some loco's.

When the weather improves will post some more updated photo's.

Belated New Year by the way.