Help on Sound fitting a Bachmann 7F?

SouthernTom

right, i have a Bachmann DCC ready 7F. i want to get it sound fitted as an inticement to get a new DCC system.i have no idea what so ever about how to go about doing this or where to go to. any help would be greatly appreciated. as it's a lovely looking loco and weathered really well, it would be great to add another dimension to it. as for watching / listening to it in the garden. that will be an amazing achievement. help me please.

Tom

I recommend Olivia's Trains in Sheffield - I have just returned from there, this very day, with my 7F now sporting a sound chip :!: How spooky is that :?::lol:

Not only do they do a great sounding chip, but a quick, while you wait fitting service, if you are there.

You can also splash out on illuminated oil lamps for the front bufferbeam or firebox glow / flicker (timed into the chip with the random sound of the fireman chucking a few rounds of coal on :o ) - to keep the spending in check and the fact that outside I felt these were a bit too gimickey, I ducked out of this "icing" :D

If it ever stops raining, I will getting some footage of my loco up on my YouTube channel very shortly.

That's a little bit ironic! Great to get a responce! Now, I would go there but I live a couple of hundred miles away from sheffield. Is there a postal service that I could post of the loco and they could fit it all and it could be sent back? I have been looking at howes models about doing this, I don't know how to going about this but that would be the best option for me. The 'all singing, all dancing' one would be great for me as I do a lot of indoor modeling and am planning on doing a small exibition layout as a 'all singing all dancing layout' if you see what I mean. When you do a video of it, could you post the link to the video on this tread as I will be more likely to see it. Thanks,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Tom

Give Olivia's Trains a call and they will explain what you need to do, regarding sending them the loco for fitting. They would do an "all bells and whistles" fitting and then post the loco back to you.

I have now uploaded the video to YouTube, but at this precise moment I am unable to post a link to it. If you click on the little YouTube symbol by my username and avatar, that should take you directly to my YT channel and all my videos.

I presume you are referring to the Somerset & Dorset 7F, in which case I have to say it is one of the easiest locos to fit with sound as Bachmann appear to have designed it with this in mind.

I bought my ESU Loksound version 3.5 decoder (21 pin) from Digitrains and it fitted easily in the tender. There are locating pins moulded in to show where the speaker is fitted. I fitted mine almost 18 months ago so I can't remember which speaker I used but it was not the round one supplied by Loksound. Digitrains are now also supplying Zimo sound decoders which are a little less expensive and just as good or better.

They are very helpful but do not offer a fitting service.

Riddles