Faulconwood Station Platforms

cleanerg6e

Here are some photos of one of two platforms for my Faulconwood Station. The first photo shows the Wills Flexible brick sheet pack I used for the brick work on the face of the platforms SSMP 231 four sheets per pack or one pack per side and the second photo shows the experiment in 30 degree heat.

Station Platforms 001.JPG

Station Platforms 010.JPG

The next two show the start of gluing using the Humbrol liquid poly to glue the platform face which have 22 sections per side and the other photo shows a start being made on gluing the platform surface pieces to the edging.

Station Platforms 005.JPG

Station Platforms 004.JPG

These two photos show with the top surface pieces now glued in position a start is made on gluing the bracing pieces which are a bit reluctant to lay flat so using old house bricks as weights to make the platform lay flat.

Station Platforms 009.JPG

Station Platforms 006.JPG

traingeekboy said:

Those are really nice. I was fairly surprised to see platforms going in as I didn't think you were going to do any scenics on your layout.

are you going to be adding station buildings as well?

I'll be adding station platforms with removable buildings and removable signals, in so far as the signals they can be taken out and laid flat on the boards to enable me to close the covers. The platforms can be removed but won't as they are low enough to stay on the railway with the boards closed. So far only the up mainline platform at Faulconwood has been completed. The down mainline platform will have a wider area to accommodate the station building which being removable will mean I can change the buildings when I like.

Faulconwood will be a Western/ Southern station and Springbridge will be a Northern/ Midland station.

G'day Ian, it's not possible for mine to float away due to the hinged covers. I will have to think of something to hold the platforms in place as once assembled it's impossible to affix the platforms to the boards with pins. Also I've yet to find an adhesive that will glue plastic to painted timber, and last through all temperature changes. But I'll crack it eventually.

Roy.