Craigs Garden Railway

doublecee

The 11 coach Pendolino looks great when passing at speed. WagonCam is working very well.

Could you post a link to the camera please. I may be tempted.

In the past you have mentioned adding a lens to an iPhone. Is there a particular one you would recommend.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have any of you with the longer threads ever gone back to your first post and read through from the begining? I just went through mine, having landed on the first page by mistake. Its a quick reminder of how our layouts change in such a short space of time.

Everything looks so new in those earlier posts. And the garden.... so bleak and bare!

Anyway, if you get a chance to have a look back at your own thread from day 1, do... its quite an experience. Ive even remembered things I mentioned as ideas I wanted to execute, but somehow forgot all about.

Sometimes when I'm bored I go through and read someone's layout discussion from start to last post, and yes I've done it with my own. I've always found it quite entertaining.

Funny you mentioned forgotten plans. I look at my layout and realize my original plan was to have more sidings parallel to my station. But the amount of space the wide station area was taking up was too much for me, so I cut it back by 4 inches or so. Then I made my station platforms too wide for an actual railway. I really should have measured with a scale ruler. I think for me, the only thing I did differently was that I had expected a little more in terms of track, and that just never happened. It is mostly due to poor planning and wishful thinking. Looking at bare boards it's easy to estimate that more can be fit into the same area. Or perhaps it's that I had been doing N scale for years before returning to HO scale. I was hoping for a little more in terms of potential realistic operation with a schedule or just a sequential list.

You mentioned changes in plan. What did you forget to include on your layout?

Slight annoyance that I cant run DCCSound at slow shunting speeds near the station as the crossovers (Peco express) have a mini short, enough to interupt the sound.

Any thoughts, suggestions or remedies greatly appreciatted

">

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[vimeo]98968181[/vimeo]

• 3 weeks later...

Id better get my skates on, as my thread seems to be getting lower down the page...

Some new bits in this week...

blogger-image-1501072115.jpg-0HE2 ... 072115.jpghttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-0HE2rta2mCc/U8VlLMczT4I/AAAAAAAABhE/bWg2H5FPtdY/s640/blogger-image-1501072115.jpg' alt='URL>'>

blogger-image--595760629.jpg-_bql ... 760629.jpghttps://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_bqlEjzgiRQ/U8VlJvsKEEI/AAAAAAAABg8/b1s5stwDcJc/s640/blogger-image--595760629.jpg' alt='URL>'>

A Heljan 33 and the new Bachmann Works coaches, which are awesome. No time for a run, as I have just let the day run away from me.

They do. I would

Love to have a full rake of carriages weathered to the same finish. THIS is how I remember the carriages to be when I used to commute. Opening the box and sliding them out somehow sent me back 20 plus years, recalling that odd dusty metallic smell the carriages had inside. Worse so if you could only secure a seat in or near the smokers carriage.