• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice photo, Craig. The large structure behind the train makes a good approximation to a power station cooling tower - just the sort of thing you'd expect to see a Class 66 loco passing in front of in South Yorkshire.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a run today.

Despite the fact that there has not been a run since late last summer, all I had to do was brush and clean the track...

Then I ran this baby

blogger-image--403629838.jpg-ihbf ... 629838.jpghttps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ihbfPyeoHd8/U3Zg2PqwpYI/AAAAAAAABfY/bb3yinpomAA/s640/blogger-image--403629838.jpg' alt='URL>'>

I've been doing a lot of laser scanning for a Model railway manufacturer, and so getting access to some sweet swag!

Interesting day. Of course, very busy with work, but I planned the day to a tee, allowing me to steal an hour just to sit, chill and test our newest Wagon Cam.

This one seems to handle day and night a lot better than the previous model. Is super tiny, yet shoots 1080p @ 30fps, and has a really nice configuration file that allows you to tweak its settings.

Comparing these night shots to last years, I much prefer the cleaner, newer shots. There is far less noise in the dark areas, and i have not tweaked either clip (day or night)

Outer circuit still in need of a clean. Casualties of the winter are two signal posts are in need of a mend, and some super super glue. A few passengers on the platforms have gone awol.

A few of the Hi Viz workers appear to have clocked off, and probably now reside under the decking. All manner of bugs appear to have found shelter in the signal boxes and station canopy.

But my biggest gripe are the Solar LED's that I bought from Home-base a couple of years ago. many of the LED's have died and three of the 7 units appear to have died completely

Anyway, here is that footage from todays wagon cam test

">

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...Outer circuit still in need of a clean. Casualties of the winter are two signal posts are in need of a mend, and some super super glue. A few passengers on the platforms have gone awol.

A few of the Hi Viz workers appear to have clocked off, and probably now reside under the decking. All manner of bugs appear to have found shelter in the signal boxes and station canopy.

Yep, that sounds like a garden railway to me

...But my biggest gripe are the Solar LED's that I bought from Home-base a couple of years ago. many of the LED's have died and three of the 7 units appear to have died completely

Batteries? The solar lights I have state that they'll need their rechargeable batteries changing approx every twelve months.

Quality of the new wagon cam looks very good. Is this one a keyring type or some other model?

Been looking at the TrainTech coach lighting kits too so you'll have to let me know what they're like. Got to be easier, and safer, than trying to concoct something up myself.

Sadly, its not the batteries Mick, its the acyual LED's themselves.

Changing the batteries is easy, were it not for the screw for the lid rusting away and not being able to removed.

I just spent some money on some new ones, and then hit on a brain wave.... These could also be used for building lights, if you have enough buildings in close proximity...

mmmmm

• 4 weeks later...

Going to try and get out there this evening and run some new stock.

Did a run last night just to see if the new stuff I received from Hornby had the traction needed.

">

Seems to be fine. But im not so keen on traction tyres, so may need to add some lead instead

Its been a while since I posted a video of any significant length. Yesterday, I stepped away from the computers, had a quick tidy, and ran some new stuff.

One thing wagoncam saw that I have clearly missed is the amount of cobwebs in the station, so I may attack that with a small toothbrush today before running some livesteam

Anyway, here is a long overdue video, shot yesterday and into the evening. I must admit, im very happy with how this new WagonCam is working out. 1080p, and very good in low light.... very little noise indeed. Not bad for 30 Quid!

">