Craigs Garden Railway

doublecee

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1ZS1U7oLx-g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5fEmQHzKgo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NfrcEdXO0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLV8D8hGITk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have literally just opened it from its box and had a play. I need to author these videos away from youtube and do them in Final Cut Pro

If you get an error just refresh the youtube page (F5 button on your keyboard)

Grab your glasses (red-blue), and keep em handy, cos I am going to nail this and have some fun!

Haven't had chance to watch the video's yet Craig (wasn't expecting them quite so soon!). Might have to follow IanRs example and shell out the £1.50 if I can't put my hands on the ones I know we have/had.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this didnt go to plan. My 3d Camera has this button that allows you to shoot in 2D or 3D. Im my head cold laden stupor, I thought it was set to 3D.

It wasnt

But at least Lion and Clive got a good run.

Oh, and the up line just needed a light clean. All the bonds survived the long winter. The down line was never bonded to a buss, so I have to do that soon, if I want Live Steam on both tracks!

">

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's another very nice video, Craig. Good to see that rake of East Coast Pullmans showing the 'reverse Inter-City' blue-grey livery. I think I recall travelling in or at least seeing similar formations between Kings Cross and York with the first Pullmans coupled with a string of second class Mk2D/E/F aircon coaches behind a Deltic - presumably the Tyne-Tees Pullman (but maybe that didn't call at York). Then there was also a Yorkshire Pullman which went to Leeds (and Bradford or perhaps even Harrogate for the ICI executives?). Anyway, a nice sequence there, thanks.

All day out in the sun!!!!

Didn't run anything though... I've been busy wiring and soldering the inner circuit, as that was never wired to a buss.

I managed to get almost half done.

A quick test to make sure it was all good was about as exciting as it got.

Hope to have live steam running on the up and down lines by the end of next week!

Lovely little surprise this morning as I peered out of my train window, heading into Waterloo. B.O.B class Tangmere steaming out on her way to Canterbury! Sadly, I wasnt quick enough to get a snap on the phone. But the carriage I was in just sucked in that smoke and steam and it smelt GREAT!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. It does add some nice depth to the garden railway videos. But unfortunatly you cant get as close to the action as you can with WagonCam.

I have retro fitted two "iphone" wide angle lenses to the Sony 3D Bloggie, and that has given me a nice wider vista to play with, but alas, yesterdays fab weather was short lived as today was full of rain and tomorrow looks no different

But there will be more 3D stereo stuff for sure. I like it too

That's a really great video, Craig. I think your best yet. Lots of rolling stock variety, from Lion(?) to Blue Pullman via live steam. At one point it looked as though you were seeing how many trains you could run simultaneously (looked like 5 to me, including the wagoncam). The low sun gave some very effective contre-jour shots.

I like the Darlington-style layout of your station, situated on loop tracks off the main line.

Thanks for letting us sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labours.

Thanks. That low sun always works great!

The 9f seen steaming away actually isn't one of my live steamers. It's a bachmann 9f from you-choos. He fitted a seuthe smoke gen, but I use a new brand of oil that smells like coal burning. Amazing plumes and smell.

Lion was an impulse buy from Kernow. I was filming down in Penzanze and on my way back home decided I was too close to the shop to not pop in. What a shop!!! That's how I remember train shops to be. Amazin!

The bachmann Tornado and Sugar Palm have impressive build quality but pulling power is lacklustre. Not enough traction so I'm going to have to add weight somehow.

Today I'm going to run Live steam on the up and down. A first for me.

Stunning video Craig. Not been on the forum much lately so just catching up on what everyone is up to. The low sun really does work well, my layout is rather shaded at the moment. All the shrubs and trees have gone mad! This weekend looks good weather wise, looking forward to some time outside after I get back from the NNR diesel gala.