Craigs Garden Railway

doublecee

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too have watched the video and like your long sweeping curves and the trains you have. Will you get more steam locos? I like the permanent way workers oblivious to the passing trains. The sun can be a bugger can't it. Looking forward to seeing your upcoming station and yard area.

Roy.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my last day off from work was in April. Thats straight through without pause... so today I decided to finish at a reasonable hour and have a play.

I decided to see what I could do just by using the iphone. So, here is this evenings play, shot and edited on the iphone. iMovie for iPhone does what it says on the tin. Good simplistic fun.

">

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, the rain has stopped. At one point, it looked like it would never stop at all... and I really started to panic when the central area of the garden railway started to fill.

Fortunatly it drained ok, and as soon as it dried out a bit, I decided to have a run whilst also add a few new bits here and there...

Im loving the Evening Star and the Tornado's pulling power, even at low speeds.

I have a new signal box at the end now, and a few new trees. Im hoping to get into some of the bigger features in July.

But for now, here is Saturdays and todays run combined....

">

I'll be honest. My former favorite forum went to blogs. I stopped looking at updates.Peeked at your updates. if I want to comment I suppose I'd have to join that blog service. nothing personal, but I'm so tired of joining services.

Layout shots looked good though. :)

--------------

I realized maybe this comment seemed a bit harsh. Didn't mean it that way. i've just seen forums lose activity due to blogging is all.

Must say I do love this shot here:

star_3.jpgimag ... star_3.jpghttp://craigcrane.co.uk/GardenRail/images/may_19/star_3.jpg' alt='URL>'>

• 2 weeks later...

ha ha. I didnt read it that way.... I thought it was just a very honest statement.

I have just deleted my facebook and twitter accounts because I just felt that they were becoming to big a part of my social make-up... and realised that never has so much emphasis been put on something so quickly, and so widespread as twitter and facebook.

Anyway, I digress.... I understood fully what you meant. However, if you have a google account for gmail, you are already a member of the blogspot community...

So, Im currently in Virginia, USA, filming Captain Phillips. In a rare moment of quiet, I slipped away and bought a Go-Pro Hero. So the next video you see from me when I return to Blighty will be me testing the Go-Pro

Aware of its size and weight, I have purchase on ebay a low 45 Ton Steel carrying wagon, and will try that as a camera base.

Failing that, I have an old HST chassis that looks like it may do the job of Camera Car. It may just need a bit more lead weight in it to counter the GoPros Center of gravity.

Im back Saturday, so I reckon Sunday is when I may get to play.

C

• 2 weeks later...

So.... Sunshine! Didn't see that one coming. I'm off work for a month long rest.... So decided to hit the garden centre and then the garden.... We now have decking and plants, benches and trees (albeit young conifers, but they will grow)

With the go pro 2 experiment pretty conclusive (as in it's not the camera or garden rail), I decided to just nine using the iPhone.

rCAjnePGnvQ

or if you prefer higher quality streaming and no ads

">

Argh I know what you mean about Facebook. I had cancelled my twitter account about a week after getting it because it seemed silly. But face book emails you all those notices. It is so blatantly geared toward having you click as many links as possible, so that you look at lots of ads. Yuck, only reason I keep it is to keep in touch with people.

I have to admit I treat this forum as a social network site. But I am weening myself off of it a bit. ;)

• 2 weeks later...