mick

Worsley Dale Garden Railway

I decided to use the airbrush in the attic this afternoon as that's where it's been stored for the past few months. It also gave me the opportunity to run the loco's round Skew Bridge once they'd been weathered.

37411 and 37419 have now had their chassis weathered as well as their roofs and a little extra weathering on their bonnet tops. I coupled them together on the rake of BDA wagons as that's the most appropriate load up there. Those BDA's are in need of weathering too.

DSCN4789.thumb.jpg.3b920396d30aac812121044cd54e09ef.jpg

37025 has also had some additional weathering to its roof as it looked a bit too 'brown' previously. I allowed it to dry by letting it take over from 411 to have a run out.

DSCN4800.thumb.jpg.f2d46d5a3ed8ec26df875f23f3cdea73.jpg

Unfortunately it appears that 411 has gained a slight wobble from somewhere, which annoys the hell out of me, so I'll have to take that one apart again to investigate. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

• Like 2

025 looks great Mick (I’m not really in to the EWS tractors)

Have to say those pictures had me fooled l thought they were real 12in /ft scale.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, scoobyra said:

025 looks great Mick (I’m not really in to the EWS tractors)

Oh I think 37s are one of the few loco's that actually suit EWS livery and it was a video of a pair working the West Highland line that made me want to create the double header.  They make a nice change from large logo and they're something I can realistically use either outdoors or up in the attic.

1 hour ago, jimbob said:

Have to say those pictures had me fooled l thought they were real 12in /ft scale.

Thanks Jim. I'd forgotten just how good it felt to be up with the attic layout - I've spent so much time lately outdoors that it's been completely overlooked. There's still work to be done up there but at least there's plenty of opportunities for running trains now and it's not all about construction. I still need to get the hang of the camera's and find the best way of taking photos and videos.

• Like 1

Yes, definitely a couple of superb photos there, Mick.  They prompt an idea. 

You could use them to start a new thread of "realistic" photos, which contributors would add to when they thought they had pictures looking more like real life than a model. 

It's only slightly ironic that your initial photos to start the ball rolling are taken indoors!