Bachmann Mk1 / 2 coaches - help

ba14eagle

I was only looking to put some additional weight in a coach that is reluctant to do a circuit of the garden without derailing :x and look what happens :!::?: Ive now got the seats out with a view to repainting them in something near the right colours and a purchase on EBay of 100 seated people (not all for 1 coach you understand - after all, it is half first class and I never saw anyone sat in those compartments :) )

A few poor photos taken on my mobile, to show the work ive under taken on my Bachmann Mk1 CK (Corridor composite)

I remember these vehicles with dirty blue upholstery in 2nd class and a mustard / orange colour fabric in first class. Some of the vehicles had the armrests taken out of standard class, so, in theory, you could sit 4 people on each side of the compartment, as opposed to 3, with the armrests down. Us Brits being what we are, I very rarely recall ever seeing 4 people squeeze in next to each other :o heaven forbid we wedge ourselves up against a stranger (as a teenage lad, you didnt mind if she was a fit, blond! :lol: ) I have altered the second class compo seats to reflect this change. I now await my passenegrs to arrive, before loading the vehicle up.

The grey uprights wedged in the toilets are some small diameter tube, which have been filled with liquid lead, so as to try and keep this particular vehicle on the track - the whole reason for this dis-

01032012403.jpg

01032012406.jpg

01032012404.jpg

01032012405.jpg

ba14eagle said:

I was only looking to put some additional weight in a coach that is reluctant to do a circuit of the garden without derailing :x and look what happens :!::?: Ive now got the seats out with a view to repainting them in something near the right colours and a purchase on EBay of 100 seated people (not all for 1 coach you understand - after all, it is half first class and I never saw anyone sat in those compartments :) )

Yep done that one... you start on one thing and then you're re-doing half a dozen things. lol

how are those weights working? I only ask because generally you want extra weight to be low in the car to prevent tipping.

It should look sharp with all the people and painted seats in place. Look forward to the final product shots. :)