ba14eagle

Iain's occasional drivel, moans & groans

They must have produced an awful lot of them as they were being discounted ages ago and usually anything with 'Scotrail' along the side sells out within weeks. Ditto the Highlander coaches, now some £34 cheaper than the original discounted selling price.

Feeling pretty low right now. Should be in Lanzarote, but in sweltering Wiltshire.

My On30 lockdown purchases have been a waste of time - cars keep uncoupling and loco runs in fits and starts. Anyone want to make me an offer?

And to top it off, my Class 117 DMU in chocolate and cream arrived this afternoon - but will be back in the postal system tomorrow, as that doesnt work properly. KMRC advise "send it standard postage, as our policy is to only refund you standard postage" - what, for a £300+ item? Do you think i'm crazy?

Sorry to hear of your problems Iain. To be honest I think Wiltshire, even if sweltering, is preferable to sitting in a tube in the sky with who knows what circulating in the air.

If you obtain a free certificate of posting when you return the Class 117, I don't think KMRC could refuse to compensate you if it failed to reach them or was received damaged, if that is what they told you to do. I can understand your reluctance to do so though.

• Thanks 1

Signed for is only £1 extra by Royal Mail you get proof of postage and you can track it as well. NEVER use Hermes to send anything expensive signed for or not as they rarely pay out for lost items and are a bunch of cowboys, l should know l used to work for them !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ba14eagle said:

Feeling pretty low right now. Should be in Lanzarote, but in sweltering Wiltshire.

My On30 lockdown purchases have been a waste of time - cars keep uncoupling and loco runs in fits and starts. Anyone want to make me an offer?

And to top it off, my Class 117 DMU in chocolate and cream arrived this afternoon - but will be back in the postal system tomorrow, as that doesnt work properly. KMRC advise "send it standard postage, as our policy is to only refund you standard postage" - what, for a £300+ item? Do you think i'm crazy?

We all have those kind of days now and again Iain, days where nothing seems to go right and everything seems to have been a waste of time. Lanzarote will still be there when everything sorts itself out but for the time being just enjoy what's available to you - there are far worse places around than Wiltshire to be confined. It's only 23 degrees in Lanzarote right now anyway, you'd catch your death of cold.

Put the On30 to one side for another day - I find that works a treat for me. If it's still giving you grief then let it go and concentrate on what you do best with the OO gauge.

It's disappointing when you receive something you've been looking forward to that doesn't work properly but it's not the end of the world. Sure there's going to be a delay of a few days while they get another one out to you but if it's what you want then it'll be worth the wait. As Dave says, just ask for a Royal Mail certificate of posting in the same way Hattons recommend you do, and it's then no longer your problem as you've done as you were instructed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1