Iain's occasional drivel, moans & groans

ba14eagle

15 hours ago, Clay Mills Junction said:

...Though, in all honesty, had I been starting completely from scratch now, I'd go with O scale.

I'm not sure I would, although I can fully appreciate why that might be an attractive proposition to others.

In the case of my attic layout, there's no way I could do the same in O gauge. I simply couldn't fit it into the space available. I could certainly fit O gauge into the garden but would then lose the sense of space which first attracted me out there. I'd also not have the same variety of stock available to me as I currently have in OO gauge. In all honesty I have few operational problems in the garden so it's never been something I've ever considered.

While I enjoy running trains the main attraction for me is taking photos and videos and at the end of the day there is very little discernible difference between the various scales when viewing them back. I've seen N gauge before where the only tell-tale sign has been the front coupling.

On 10/04/2023 at 23:47, Clay Mills Junction said:

You've still got a lot of OO stuff that does work though?

Though, in all honesty, had I been starting completely from scratch now, I'd go with O scale.

Oh yes. Ive loads of OO and am still buying odd wagons here and there. One of the problems i do have, is that im running out of storage space for all of it

• Like 1