The Heatherburn Garden Railway

Have watched the Birth, growing up and now the final demise of this garden layout. It has been a journey of inspiration to many including myself, conflict of interests (Dave only scraps steam trains) shame on you Dave. A font of knowledge has been given to to other modellers on the contruction of the many railside installations, and the odss and sods used to make them so realistic.

Now look forward to the new layout and all the tricks that Dave uses to get the atmosphere that he does, is the working loco lift going to survive on this layout or is it doomed forever on Potters lane I wonder....!!

Ian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

When I first got a computer 4 years ago your garden railway was one of the first I saw on you tube. Such a shame that so much time, effort and labour went into its construction only for you to have to demolish it. I hope your new railway is a success.

Roy.

• 4 years later...

When I first got a computer 4 years ago your garden railway was one of the first I saw on you tube. Such a shame that so much time, effort and labour went into its construction only for you to have to demolish it. I hope your new railway is a success.

Roy.

I know I 4 years late, but it takes me 4 years to find these forum.

But after I saw the Heatherburn Garden Railway on You Tube in 2012, I started to think about a layout outdoor.

And added a tunnel thru the walls to my new home, than under construction.

Health issuses than stopped any further work for nearly 3 years.

But now I'm back on the track.

Thanks to this wonderful layout and the few videos I saw I never gave up the idea to have trains in my garden.

It was a great inspiration.