Bachmann BLUE PULLMAN

mick

Take a look at the Bachmann website for pictures of the engineering samples of the Blue Pullman.

bluepullman.jpg

"The first engineering sample pictures are now available for the OO Scale Midland Pullman. This model is based on the iconic luxury train, which was designed and built by Metro-Cammell of Birmingham. The real life prototype catered for the high end of the Manchester-London business market while services on the West Coast Main Line were disrupted during electrification.

The Branchline six car unit has many great features including directional lighting, etched fan grilles, highly detailed under frame equipment, coach ceiling lighting and table lamp lighting. Both power cars are driven with a new style dedicated close coupling concept, giving less than 1mm running gap (on straight track).

Available as 31-255DC in Nanking Blue livery and 31-256DC in Nanking Blue livery with yellow ends, both models are supplied with a DCC decoder already fitted (one in each power car)."

Bachmann Europe Plc

• 7 months later...

oooh, that's a bit good.

Not my cup of tea, (yet more stream/diesel transition) but the attention to detail is excellent. The lighting, through wiring and close connections make this a step-up on what has come before.

and at 6 coaches long it lends itself to a garden railway.

I'm looking forward to this release. Mines been on order since the day it was first announced and although it's far from cheap it's just one of those models that I simply couldn't resist.

The Blue Pullman has been at the top of many modellers wish-lists for as long as I can remember. I even started collecting some of the available Triang models myself in an attempt to recreate the train but the quality of the old Triang power cars and coaches is far from being satisfactory for a modern DCC line. At a shade under £300 this 6-car Bachmann set looks like it's going to be stunning and with the integral chip there's no additional work needed in order to get it up and running on DCC.

I've gone for the earlier all-Blue livery as opposed to the yellow fronted version.

I've been informed by Hattons (other retailers are available!!) that deliver should be on or shortly after 1st November this year.

I bought an old 6 car Tri-ang Blue Pullman on ebay (my only purchase ever on ebay) just one month before Bachmann announced that they were going to do a 6 car Midland Pullman. :x As soon as the Blue Pullman arrives in the shops at long last the over inflated prices charged for the old Tri-ang Blue Pullman will be a thing of the past. Yet people will be able to no doubt buy the new Bachmann Blue Pullman on ebay for 600 pounds, as some people buy these models simply to make a fast buck. :roll:

I however will buy a new one and as for sound any suggestions :?:

Roy.

• 3 months later...

Just dropped by to see if anyone had any photos to post or is everyone waiting for the parcelman?

As an indication of just how quickly time passes us by, I've received confirmation that my Blue Pullman has been posted out to me and the invoice records my original date of ordering as 26th July 2010! Can you believe that? More than two years ago!

It's taken more than 27 months to get here but this ordinary looking parcel was finally delivered this morning

d6b53d3d691d95c4a1c3ea147b13fcdc.jpg

"Can you guess what it is yet?"

c9070719cc0ee444ad7a32bb3c1646fc.jpg

Of course you can! The old Triang model can finally be laid to rest - make way for the Bachmann Blue Pullman

e048bd48c4b0cb33777c11623d4130d8.jpg

I always seem to get a box with a corner bump. Good job this one isn't destined for any auction site - those 'box collectors' can be pretty particular. Expensive or not I hope it won't be too long before this absolutely stunning set is seen circling Worsley Dale. If this isn't an incentive to reach completion I don't know what would be!

f31bff8e2ebe5706dde8cfac340a48e3.jpg

image.php?album_id=38&image_id=149854958a81411d174a484e948ae289ed6f.jpg

Sorry to disappoint anyone but unfortunately that's as far as I've got for now - I've not even taken the individual boxes out of the outer carton let alone looked at the contents. Hopefully I'll get the chance to assemble the entire 6-car set for a photo shoot later. If you've got one yourself then feel free to add some photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Hattons only has the full yellow ended model at the present time so I suspect the full blue liveried model has already sold out. Even on the Bachmann website it has the full Nanking blue model on order. I hope Bachmann releases the coaches on their own to enable people to make an eight car set. It would be cheaper for Bachmann too.

Roy.

Yes your right Riddles the 8 car sets were on the western region and the Midland sets ended up on the western region. Bachmann could make an 8 car western region set whilst others could change the numbers and using a polish like "T" cut take the Midland Pullman transfers off without effecting the paint. The car sets whether 8 or 6 would need weathering anyway as the only time it appeared in the sparkling clean condition is when new or repainted.

Roy.

cleanerg6e said:

Hattons only has the full yellow ended model at the present time so I suspect the full blue liveried model has already sold out.Roy.

Bachmann had said that these models were "sold out" to retailers which suggests that Hattons won't be getting anymore from Bachmann any time soon.