The bottom of the garden

chris

My Amblethorpe thread is going off track so it's time for me to fork it with a new thread for what goes on about 5 meters east of Amblethorpe...

traingeekboy said:

I have a weakness for electrics because we don't have them here. Got any pics of things like class 87?

Apart from the Class 91's which go by about three times an hour on Intercity 225 services, electrics are very rare around here.

One of the odder things to happen at the bottom of the garden was this parkingup

cris2.jpg

By far the oddest I've written about here http://copmanthorpe.org.uk/transport/de-rail.htm

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to snap a good picture of a seasonal favourite round these parts, English electric Type 1's on Rail Head Treatment Train (RHTT) duties. The problem is that it's been so dull in the Vale that it's been hard to get a non blurry image, even at the slow speed these trains pass at. Anyway, heres a couple of shots of the Choppers passing.

20ea76a01d16f52e359f5089f9e5ebca.jpg

cris4.jpg

cris5.jpg

Yeah I like the train shots too. If I lived where you do I'd be tempted to put up some spot lights for night viewing. he he he

i also like the high up view of the layout. Does the layout slip under that awning?

I can also really appreciate why you guys put down roofing felt on the layouts. That moisture must be a killer on wood structures; I can see it on your layout. It's so dry here that during the winter the top layer of soil is constantly freezing and thawing and sucking the moisture out of the soil. We actually water our gardens during the winter to keep things from dying.