Rob's garden railway

Rob

Looking really good Rob - the bridge looks very effective. How I wish I'd decided to build my base on simple wooden supports :oops:

I agree that the Skaledale and/or Scenecraft range would be ideal for outdoor use and that a coat of varnish would be good protection. There's a vast range to choose from with additions to both ranges being added all the time.

Shame about the rain preventing further progress today but that's all part and parcel of a garden railway!

Due to the cost of the resin buildings, I only put mine out occasionally when running - normally if I have friends around for a running session.

I can confirm though that the Bachmann Scenecraft buildings will fade in the sun - both my loco shed and also the level crossing have done so over this summer. I had not treated them in anyway, so am unable to say if this will prevent fading.

The Hornby Skaledale platform however, hasnt shown any signs of fading - which is good, as I am going to get rid of it all and replace it with the Hornby plastic version, which might actually go together nice and straight! If anyone wants the Skaledale stuff, pls get in touch with me. Similarly, if you have some of the plastic stuff you want to get rid of, pls also get in touch! thanks Iain

Due to the cost of the resin buildings, I only put mine out occasionally when running - normally if I have friends around for a running session.

I can confirm though that the Bachmann Scenecraft buildings will fade in the sun - both my loco shed and also the level crossing have done so over this summer. I had not treated them in anyway, so am unable to say if this will prevent fading.

The Hornby Skaledale platform however, hasnt shown any signs of fading - which is good, as I am going to get rid of it all and replace it with the Hornby plastic version, which might actually go together nice and straight! If anyone wants the Skaledale stuff, pls get in touch with me. Similarly, if you have some of the plastic stuff you want to get rid of, pls also get in touch! thanks Iain

I'm certainly interested in the Skaledale platforms - how many do you have?

• 2 months later...