Kirkfield & Warmthorpe Railway

IanR

All my ballast is secured with Johnson's Klear or similar products. They were very small areas that were damaged, nothing to worry about and easily fixed.

The vast majority of the ballast is set firm and has stood upto a couple of winters and worst still... summers!

Using floor polish as a fixative has definitely worked for me.

• 1 month later...

Had a good "playing" day yesterday and did some video of previously unseen locomotives on the K&WR.

It's the first time the video camera has been out this year. I'll post the results later in the year when I've done some more and edited them together.

Might get a DVD box set out in time for Christmas! :)

• 1 month later...

One of the major disappointments with the recent wet summer is that we haven't seen a lot of the Kirkfield & Warmthorpe Railway. I'm so looking forward to my copy and catching up with it on the big screen! Thank you for the very kind offer Ian.

re: Kirkfield & Warmthorpe Railway 2011 DVD

What can I say.... If this amazing DVD isn't sufficient to get me motivated with my own layout again then I don't believe anything ever will. I agree with Chris that the quality is far superior to that obtained via YouTube and on the larger screen it looks amazingly lifelike. I can't get over the attention to detail from the varying degrees of weathering along the track to the positioning of loco details and tail lamps on the expertly weathered stock. What a fantastic advertisement for OO gauge garden railways. And there's a 2012 version on the way...??? I for one can't wait for that.

Excellent work Ian and thank you so much for sending the DVD along. Now where are my mineral wagons....!

Thanks for the remarks Mick, nice to think it may get you motivated again, although I didn't know you lost it !

I'm not sure whether I've got enough footage for a 2012 edition as the weather and other things have meant that there haven't been many 'playing' days this year.

Once again, I'm quite happy to send a copy of the 2011 edition to anyone who would like one, PM or email me your name and address and don't forget to state DVD or Blu-Ray.

Ian.

Edited by Guest

That DVD is the dog's nuts. Watched it yesterday around at my mates along with his kids, and it kept us all quiet whilst it lasted, then all hell broke out as now someone else wants to run his 00 gauge layout in the garden by his SWMBO says a firm NO. Looks like some negotations are going to be done for this one. Will sit back a await the results.

As for using it as a mug coaster afterwards, thats not going to happen, well not yet anyway. :lol:

Ian

I have just spent my extra hour (BST) reading this thread and watching the videos of the superb K&WR garden railway. I am in the process of collecting rolling stock, track etc. ready to start after the next house move and this will certainly inspire, encourage and enthuse me to get started asap ... One thing that strikes me, especially watching the videos of the driver and brake van views is the incredible detail and also the amount of time and effort this must have taken ..

Hopefully we will have a summer next year, so I look forward to updates on this special railway - Great stuff Ian :D