Bachmann TTA tank wagons

ba14eagle

These 2 Bachmann TTA wagons started out as on the left an Esso liveried version and one the right a BP / Shell liveried version. For the period that I am trying to portray, these liveries would have been well worn and weathered.

The weathering started off with a fibreglass brush being rubbed over the details and logos (unfortunately I overdid this on the Esso wagon). Then, a bit of a rub with some T-Cut on a cotton bud tip. The wagons were then sprayed with an aerosol weathering dye which was mostly removed. The oil spills were then masked off and more coats applied. These really do have a realistic oily sheen to them. I have some gunmetal to dry brush over the walkways & footsteps and I am still pondering about adding some more frame dirt to the underframe....

05072011256.jpg

Nice weathering on the tanks Ian. The TTAs are a very nice and extremely versatile wagon that look good either in a lengthy rake or as a small set. There have been so many liveries made available from Bachmann that it's difficult to know exactly which ones to purchase. I don't recall seeing any with the major oil company brandings on them during my railway career but it's possible that I might have overlooked them had I done so. I prefer to see them unbranded as you have depicted them - good work!

NIce selection of other images you've uploaded to your gallery too - enjoyed looking through them. You've acquired a nice selection of rolling stock already!