Secondhand / Used Gear

Michele

Hi, it depends where you are and what is around locally. Exhibitions, swap meets, local model shops might have things in their second hand ranges (mine does). Maybe facebook marketplace or

I don't know, but where you are it might be more common to find track labeled as HO with a different rail height to our "code 100" and "code 75." (I think code 83 is an alternative.) It depends what is in common useage around where you are.

The local model shop tends to have a good supply of used peco points in my area at a good discount. I have always found good deals on Clark Railworks for trains although you will probably find customs and duty ruins any value proposition. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Post-Brexit buying from the UK has become ridiculously expensive for some things. I'll see if I can find any sane options locally, but from what I've seen there isn't a whole lot. 

Brexit has a lot to answer for. But that aside. 

HO track has the same 16.5mm rail spacing as OO, hence you'll be as well going for whichever is the most common HO track available locally. The trains will still run the same.

Rolling stock will be harder, unless you know someone in NI willing to do a bit of smuggling. 😂.

On 09/08/2022 at 09:28, Clay Mills Junction said:

Rolling stock will be harder, unless you know someone in NI willing to do a bit of smuggling. 😂.

Well I think most of the rolling stock they sell her is English (Hornby). There are a couple of small companies doing Irish rolling stock, but I'm not particularly interested in diesel trains