Howey Garden Railway

I have been track laying this week in-between the wind and light showers. I was hoping to put power to the track. However did not happen as the director wanted to go shopping so lost a big part of the day. I have also added points to the mix. (wiring is going to be fun) One at the shed end and the others all around the same area just after  the small loops and just before the station. I am so used to N gauge and the amount of track you can get in a limited space. This as been a real eye opener as all my grand ideas for coach sidings have been reduce to just one.

Hoping to get something running Thursday and will try to add a couple of pictures.

47 minutes ago, kenbrunt said:

....I am so used to N gauge and the amount of track you can get in a limited space. This as been a real eye opener as all my grand ideas for coach sidings have been reduce to just one....

It doesn't seem to matter what scale we model in or where our layout is located we always seem to be short of space! In my case outdoors it's due to the dimensions of my shed which houses sidings and stations. I have to limit train lengths so that they fit within the passing loops in the main station. And then there's my attic with a lovely long running straight but on the opposite side I am limited by the width available so I'm unable to have the number of sidings I would like in order to have more stock on the layout. And some people build layouts in box files!

There's a (hopefully?) useful guide to placing images/attachments correctly in your posts here..... You need to follow from the line immediately above the 4th image (If you do not do anything else then when you publish your post all your uploaded images will be inserted at the end of your post. To place images between text within your post follow the next guidelines.)

Just remember that once you've uploaded your photos, UNLESS you do anything else to them they will all display one after the other at the end of your post. To place them between sections of text you need to place your cursor on an empty line where you want a photo to be and then click the '+' symbol on the respective photo.

Thanks Mick again for your comments and how to mix text and photos . Will try once I get the chance to take some shots. Had a good afternoon soldering and did not burn myself once. Now awaiting some more points to finish off Howey Exchange station area. Then a few board fillers in each loop. I think this weather is making me to get carried away outside. I have also got the cat flap to get the trains in and out of the shed.

You've made amazing progress since March Ken. You must be very pleased to have got so far in such a short space of time. I'm sure the weather has helped although perhaps not during the heatwave last month when it was unbearable to even step outside here, reaching 41 degrees according to my weather station.

Did you manage to get anything running last week?