Hello from the west midlands

Voicey

I already posted in  'members garden layouts' but really shouldve posted here. I returned to the hobby due to lockdown. I was a member of Barry and Penarth model railway club from 1993 to the early 00's (youngest member back then by a long shot) built one or two exhibition layouts but left the hobby until lockdown, when I retrieved the only trains I had left...a rake of honrby MGRs and some lima locos. I fancied running them but had no space so after researching outdoor layouts here I am! The idea for a simple loop in the garden has escalated a little though. Been good to get back into the hobby, even if budgetary contraints mean I'm slowly collecting mostly secondhand locos and stock I can fix /detail or repaint. This forum was a souce of some useful info for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies, I've only just noticed the introduction you posted and although I've already responded to your layout thread already I'd still like to officially welcome you to the forum! I hope you find it useful and welcoming and although we are only few in number it really is a nice place to spend a bit of time. You've already contributed greatly by posting details of your excellent layout which is exactly what entices others in.