Favorite Videos you've found on the web

traingeekboy

Hi Griff, wow that is an awesome find, mine be similar design with continuous running coming into the station platforms , about 6 platforms ,

How are you going with the cold still snowing, look forward to the warmer weather as we look forward to the cooler weather 36 degrees, Tony from down under.

Yes, he often posts new videos during the summer months but while it's a really nice layout, I'm with Iain, as it's just a little bit too 'busy' for me with so many trains racing around.  

I'm pleased to see that his 'views' are increasing though because at one time his videos were getting very little exposure and it does deserve a much wider audience as I'm sure it's a layout that will appeal to many people.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I remember seeing the TAY video and wondering how they made those viaducts, I actually think it was one of Micks video's that inspired me to make my railway, I didnt even discover the forum till about a month after I finished.

16 minutes ago, Archie said:

I'm guessing the brick is some  kind of plaster by the way its chipping off at the sides

So the bridge was poured of concrete with the help of a repeatedly used form and the brick were then poured from a plaster or ceramic casting compound into molds made to match the concrete structure.

This is actually the only method that is plausible given the dimensions.
He certainly did not engrave the individual stones by hand.