radio control for 00 gauge

Hi,   I am a retired electronics engineer and I have just finished the design of a radio control for 00 gauge,  using a Li-Ion battery I am getting good results, my test track is not powered so that there is no problem with dirty tracks. 

The  charging can be done externally or via the wheel pickups, the loco can be run onto an isolated powered siding.

The electronics are very simple, utilises 433Mhz       four control button keyfob   to select forwards, reverse, accelerate and decelerate.    Multiple locos can be run on the same track and reverse loops are a piece of cake.   At present

the battery+receiver will only fit into diesel locos (mine are class 31 and 35)  running time is about 1 hour depending on speed.   Forwards and reverse lighting is included .

I have other non battery variants of this for indoor powered track.

hope this might be of some interest,   

regards to all

Steve Soar

4 hours ago, stevesoar said:

As I said I am retired so this is only a hobby for me which I thought might be of interest.  The protocab looks good, thanks for the link.

The most important thing about any hobby is that it is something to be enjoyed. I hope you continue to do so.