Hi everyone.👋 small work room and attic build

Jon

After (like everyone I bet) life’s constant turns, turmoils and joyful moments I’m finally finding time for the hobby in my life 🥳

great reading About Mick’s loft layout and it’s really inspired the rebirth of the loft I built 12 years ago now.

looking forward to adding some details on the above very soon.

great site this so keep up the excellent content.

to be continued.

many thanks 

Jon

Edited by Jon
True to add images

Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.

Yes I think most of us have had time on our hands this year - certainly the forum was 'rockin' by its usual standards earlier but it seems most have returned to their more usual business now and it's gone pretty quiet again.

It's strange how you can often get inspiration just by seeing someone else's layout. I would say I've always had the urge to run scale length trains but it was seeing the Balbeggie Sidings layout on another forum that inspired me to build Skew Bridge the way I did. I'm not really one for constructing scenery and buildings along with all the finer details that people usually introduce onto their layouts. All I wanted was a lengthy stretch of track that wouldn't look silly with a scale length train running along it and if I could accommodate the whole train with room to spare at either end then so much the better.

I've added a few sidings on the scenic section but more for visual appeal rather than for any form of operational practice as I'm not into shunting wagons around either. Skew Bridge is probably a place you'd visit for a few hours 'train spotting' if that's still an acceptable term.

So you've already got a loft layout that you intend to resurrect? I'm certainly interested in learning more about it so I look forward to reading more in the near future. Maybe you can inspire me to do that little bit more with mine.