Single track tunnel mouth dimensions

Clay Mills Junction

Hi, I can't find any dimensions for the tunnel portals on any of the ready-made plastic tunnel mouths. I'm really hoping not to have to make my own, I think ready made plastic will be far more durable outdoors.
It looks from laying out the blocks that at one end the tunnel entrance will be on the straight but immediately going to a 36" radius inside the tunnel, there is a little more space to get around the lavender than I planned for. The other end is looking more like it will be on a curve 36" inside the tunnel again but widening from the tunnel mouth but how much I'm not sure.

So my current favourite is the Peco 5045 tunnel mouth, I don't suppose anyone has one they could measure the width of the tunnel portal? Long shot I know but thought I'd ask. If not I'll just have to buy one and try it. Unless anyone has better thoughts?

1 hour ago, Clay Mills Junction said:

....So my current favourite is the Peco 5045 tunnel mouth, I don't suppose anyone has one they could measure the width of the tunnel portal? Long shot I know but thought I'd ask. If not I'll just have to buy one and try it. Unless anyone has better thoughts?

Give me an hour or so and I'll let you know if I've still got mine. I used to have 2 as I was going to use them myself but then changed my mind but I can't remember whether I let them go or whether I've put them to one side. I'll get back to you.

EDIT: Oh damn, I forgot - mine are double tunnel mouths!

• Like 1

Just bought two and tried them on 36" radius curve with a Lima 156. Plenty of room there. In fact they'd probably work with 4th radius setrack, if not 3rd. It'll do for my purposes anyway.

I'll build the tunnel over winter but having them is helpful for planning. The remainder of this year is about gardening, which I best get on with.