• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a while, hope you are all well. The Z21 arrived today so we can finally run a few trains around at the same time. Impressed with the system so far and I've managed to set up t

Some running today

One just sat on the track and happily watched as it ran in to him, daft as a brush

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Been a while, hope you are all well.

The Z21 arrived today so we can finally run a few trains around at the same time.

Impressed with the system so far and I've managed to set up the supplied router as an extender for our home WiFi which means I don't have to manually connect to the Z21 network and now have home WiFi coverage in the garden.

Edited by SwannyUK
  • Like 4
17 hours ago, SwannyUK said:

Been a while, hope you are all well.

The Z21 arrived today so we can finally run a few trains around at the same time.

Impressed with the system so far and I've managed to set up the supplied router as an extender for our home WiFi which means I don't have to manually connect to the Z21 network and now have home WiFi coverage in the garden.

That's why I also use the Z21.

It also works fine with WiFi repeater if needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response Chris but that looks really good now that you've got it all up and running.

I still use the Z21 in bog standard fashion, having to connect manually to it. Never thought about doing anything else or looked into the benefits of what that might give me. I already have WiFi out in the garden so would there be any advantages?

• 1 month later...
On 11/09/2020 at 14:40, mick said:

Sorry for the late response Chris but that looks really good now that you've got it all up and running.

I still use the Z21 in bog standard fashion, having to connect manually to it. Never thought about doing anything else or looked into the benefits of what that might give me. I already have WiFi out in the garden so would there be any advantages?

The main advantage I have found is just having everything on the one network. With the z21 on its own WIFI I had to manually disconnect from the home WIFI then connect to it. Now I just turn the z21 and router on in the garage and after a few seconds the app finds the z21 box.