Sign in to follow this  
Noisynoel

Pentney Parkway

Hi Mark,

I operate through a Lenz 23151 (USB & LAN Interface). The Lenz command station connects to the 23151 via the Xpressnet. The 23151 then connects to a router. I use a stand alone route as my home router is miles from the garden! Connect your iphone (Or similar) to said router, that will then allow the touchcab to connect to Lenz.

English translation to follow 🙂

Sorry not a techie 

• Haha 1

The xpressnet is what Lenz calls the connection between it's products. Tochcab is software available for iphone's & ipad's that allows you to control trains wire less.

So, not that work is out of the way for a week and the weather "isn't too bad", I thought I'd crack on with the rebuilding of Pentney Parkway Station.

All four platforms have now been built, all hold a loco + 7. I decided not to make them longer as this starts to involve curved platforms! The sidings have been laid today and the wiring finished. Lessons learnt from the original siding mean that the "Back Road" curves at the end following the main line to avoid going into the back corner where the leaves build up, and only two loco sidings instead of three avoid the tight reverse curve over the pointwork for loco's.

Hopefully this weekend will see the return of trains to the layout (Only the 25 out today on track testing!)

IMG_0620.thumb.JPG.f31c95a31f03bedf7e497ad26bee6eea.JPG

All platforms now in place awaiting lights and sundries. Sidings now in waiting for buffer stops.

IMG_0603.thumb.JPG.ea2cb5397001998f3d427b72371c0ad1.JPG

4 Cep on an Up Semi-fast past 47712 on the push/pull set in platforms 3 & 4

• Like 1

So, not able to do much on the garden railway today (frustrating with glorious weather!) as my back is screaming at me, I started out cleaning my loco's instead, however, it didn't take long so I decided to start cleaning the loco's I've inherited from Jez Laming for his Staple exhibition layout... I couldn't resist and I know Jez would have loved to watch Norman pulling a long (by light railway standards) coal train over the JL Memorial bridge! Not the usual fare on Pentney Parkway but it looked good and ran well.

https://youtu.be/JNmwyC6Zdtk

So I spent a couple of hours this afternoon just running trains a s a reward for soldering joints left right and centre. I thought I'd do some video's at the same time, however, it doesn't always turn out right.... 

I had 6 trains out on the layout this afternoon, with two in each direction at once, the most I've run solo. Can't wait for this lockdown to be over so I can have my planned "open day" with friends round to drive whilst I film!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We all have that kind of problem at some stage.  Here's my "when things go wrong" video from the last running session.  Trains were running very fast that day, but I hadn't planned for a slip coach!

https://youtu.be/kdRpVjvzeaE

Perhaps we should have an 'It'll be alright on the night' thread? I've got a folder on my PC where I put outtakes with the intention of putting them together in a video one day.

Derailments aside it's looking good Noel though I should watch my speed through the station and over that turnout. Should be a good day out for everyone when you're able to meet your friends and have that open day.

5 hours ago, mick said:

Perhaps we should have an 'It'll be alright on the night' thread? I've got a folder on my PC where I put outtakes with the intention of putting them together in a video one day.

Derailments aside it's looking good Noel though I should watch my speed through the station and over that turnout. Should be a good day out for everyone when you're able to meet your friends and have that open day.

You should see some of the derailments my 2 kittens have caused! I'd be at one end thinking "Hmm, where's the train gone" Only to walk down and find half in the flower bed and the other half on the grass! The buggers never do it whilst I'm watching though!