Quick question

DEANO

Morning,

When isolating track pieces do I use plastic rail joiners on both rails or just one?

Thanks

Deano 

Just one will do fine Deano with a simple throw switch across the join for power on/off. (so long as you dont have any power feed droppers to the bit of rail on the isolating side of the plastic fishplate! I know it sounds obvious but I talk from experience.) In my old days of cab control I would have sidings with isolating plastic fishplates on the live rail to store my DC locos on. Take a look at www.brian-lambert.co.uk in the electrical section for all you could ever need about electrics.

cheers

mark

• Thanks 1

Hi Deano, Mark is spot on, I be doing the same with just one block where I have points leading onto another block, will be doing the same to hold a train at the suburban platform while I am shunting around the Indian Pacific on another track, needing that power, saving a small block and cutting out extra wiring, DC is such a pain, not much I can do, wont be switching to DCC.

Just a matter of soldering to the bus wire before the isolating fish plate and one after, bongo, will you be planning to switch to DCC.

Tony from slightly warmer down under, will check that bloke out get some good ideas, worth while checking Kalmbach are bringing out a new wiring book, pretty good from what I have seen in the news letter.

• Thanks 1

Hi Deano, yeah too much expense , not just the DCC receiver it is the decodes for each loco and there is sound decoders the price of a loco, I don't have enough exsperence to especially wire a decoder to an older loco new easy plug in. Have just as much fun with DCC , I am one step close now to finishing my layout still a way to go, pics to follow on yesterdays effort.

Tony from slightly warmer down under