Please Help with wiring diagram

DEANO

Hi Deano, thanks will be resting up today  in the morning  , fingers cross it doesn't rain any more here today so I can mow the grass, foot path needs it, the only problem with battery mowers they do not like wet grass, I mow in the afternoon , got to  do something to help this planet, all my garden power tools are battery now, no more cracking off trying to start the petrol mower and other petrol garden tools.

Just might after brekkie and mark out one of the 7 ft  radius curves coming off my bridge ready to cut out.

Tony from wet down under, happy Easter.

Very early morning Deano, a lot use those Tracksetta kits for marking out curves specially curves from points, for larger radius curves I make up a beam compass, I used to do woodturning and bought those two called Kunz Beam compass, somany different ways to even make a smaller  circle to a larger circle. Drill a hole big enough for a pencil and other a nail marking out what size radius you want, can us a tape measure, wha I use a lot , there is a slot made  for a screw .

Ended up mowing yesterday afternoon , going  to be a few showers for Saturday, will mark  the radius curve today, after mowing I improved in having to bend up and down all the time when levelling my adjustable stands I use as saw horses, pics on my post later.

Clouding over again.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

k301643  Kunz beam coumpass, 19 pounds.jpg

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for all the newbie questions, I like your ideas regarding radius of curves. Going to try and make some templates soon and see how they look. I love the tracksetta tools very good ideas I want to run small tank engines as I not a huge fan of tender locos so hoping to get away with using 18” or 24” radius tools what do you think ? 

It started to rain here again yesterday afternoon and still has not stopped today ☹️

Garden is so water logged will construction ever start lol.

Hope you are feeling better Tony and thank you for all your reply’s and help much appreciated 

cheers Deano

Morning Deano, yeah,no worries, we all go through  that, I would go for the 24 inch radius because you can use flexi track for those curves and the train will run better through the curves and use the tighter curves for shunting track.

Tender drive steamies can be a pain at times and hard to put on the track, tank locos can be as large as a tender drive loco, I have a couple, the good old Thomas Tank loco and a German 2-8-2 tank Piko brand, like to get some more.

Here is a pic I used an already cut 7  foot half curve deck, what I used to make the lines for the curved decking that be running off my bridge, cut them this afternoon  ready  to go when I cut out the bridge, only a couple of pieces to fill the gap completing all the layout decking, long time at it nearly 4  years, with a few setbacks.

It should of being raining today, sun shine, not so tomorrow, I may have a look at my sons facebook page., for sure rest day.

Started the new heart medication this morning didn't do mach to late afternoon, the doc said it will take  few days to get used to it,  wont get in the car till them.

Heading over to my post got some more pics to post.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

IMG_0993.jpg

Hi Tony,

Hope you having a good Easter break,  I like the the way you have done the curves I am hoping to do some templates later in the week if the rain ever stops lol.

Did you leave a expansion gap on your track if so how much?

hopefully you feel better soon on your new medication  keep us posted.

Take care 

Deano.

Hi Deano, yeah way to go when  marking out curved decking, saves having to mark them out again, I marked one end and measured the other and centre line because cutting out with a jig saw it doesn't cut a square cut.

Yes I do have expansion gaps on every piece of track especially where there is a point, I have seen at the old club's layout there track buckled badly and broke a point , about a nail with do can get away with  .1.5 mm  gap no larger.

Many thanks it is quiet here other that the bloke next door making a noise with his garden threader, how has your Easter being going, hear it is still cold over there, my two sisters are on holidays in Europe and they are rugged up, from their pics on FaceBook.

Couldn't do mach yesterday with taking the new med's the doc was right, even should not of got the jigsaw out yesterday the cutting wasn't perfect , need to bit of sanding an fixed the bus wire panel.

Heading over to do some work on my model ship, the bow is sure a challenge, here  is a pic, the section I am working on now is where the white line meets the blue  and the cut out windows , going to be pure awesome when built , proudly be sitting passing under my bridge, I have a post on the ship Tor Corona 

Tony from cloudy down under keeping on moving a head 

1008017  a.jpg

Hi Tony,

The weather here is warming up slowly and no rain today but more forecast later in the week. Hoping for a few dry weeks so the garden can dry out.

Easter is going ok lots of family round yesterday and having a quite day today, hope your enjoying your Easter break.

wow that ship looks like a huge modelling challenge looking forward to seeing pictures soon.

take care

Deano

Afternoon Deano, good to see the weather is starting to turn over there, you be able to finely get stuck into your layout construction.

It has being very quiet here, over Easter, didn't want to go out on the road either, school kids on holiday as well for two weeks, good you had family visiting yesterday.

Yeah tough project, back working on the ship, I have  a pos on the ship in members work bench, called Modelling Tor Corona, still very hard even looking at ship drawing, much easier building kit, I be building two of the same ship second one be remote control, this one is a water line model.

Forgot Brother is visiting tomorrow, enjoy Monday, yeah we hae rain coming coming in as well .

Tony from humid down under keeping n moving a head