Lockerbie station

markgd

Thanks Q. Thats a great start. Now a need a plan or blueprint of the station building itself. There are many photos which I guess can be extrapolated.

Half the fun is finding the information.

Thanks for the response

cheers 

Mark

Hi Mark, that is a good start ,  have a look at Google Earth I just did I got down pretty close to see the track,if you go onto street view there is a road  bridge before the station and you can see quite clearly the platform side the station and one end,, can seethe front of the building road side. Two story building should be able to buy a kit pretty close to the building , double track and a siding with above cable power , not a bad town to model has a church close by .

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Thanks Tony,

I have managed to get something down on paper using the cars and vans as a scale from google earth and street view. The link that TheQ sent gave me a rough idea of footprint. Pity nobody on the forum lives in Lockerbie!

cheers

mark

Hi Mark, google earth can be a good tool to use for when doing research on stations, you can tick in the square beside the 3/D and pure amazing can get even closer, especially goo for looping at container and RO, RO ports.

I am ready to nail down track on the lift out bridge, solder in place plastic brass strips onto the rails and cut the track on the module join, I may even run a loco and when I get back from our holiday set up all the station modules two approach modules northern and southern end, do a video 

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.