DAPOL O gauge Jinty 3F

mick

Compared to the prices being asked for current OO gauge stock, this latest release from Dapol has to be considered one of the bargains of the year - if not recent years. As a member of the Dapol Club I was able to purchase this O gauge class 3F 'Jinty' for an amazing £150 including the cost of postage!

large.jinty01.jpg.27dedaaa73ec4d5c5cea218a43a80dbe.jpg

Above is the now familiar Dapol box and below are a few images of what you get within it.

large.jinty02.jpg.a72c544ca001cdca1cc9e73596c44d12.jpg

The loco is numbered 47483 and depicted in early unlined BR black livery.

large.jinty03.jpg.08930d6a60555ac3bd65a332e4b9d0bb.jpg

large.jinty04.jpg.50e139d37bc0e1b42303adc939ff24b5.jpg

large.jinty05.jpg.2be53d6ffe2084159cf7392e916fa3eb.jpg

large.jinty06.jpg.71b0d4a06ca183f1acb172735ce8fe61.jpg

The standard range models are currently retailing for around £190 which is still a bargain for an O gauge locomotive. I remember just a few years ago you wouldn't have even been able to buy a kit of parts for that price and then you'd still have the task of constructing and finishing - and with my abilities there would have been little chance of achieving anything like the superior finish displayed on the above model.

I've refused to purchase several OO gauge models recently because of the prices now being asked but this one just seemed too good to miss.

There's even more locomotives planned for release in this scale by Dapol in the near future - now whether I'll also be taking advantage of those offers I'm not so sure. It's a shame to purchase and not make use of but I don't have time for my present OO gauge set-up without contemplating building a layout in the larger scale too.

I know exactly what you mean Mick, it's all so VERY tempting. The O gauge Class 08 diesel is another bargain. I just have to keep on reminding myself that the main reason I am planning a 00 garden railway, is that I have such a huge collection of 4mm stuff and no space in the house to run it.

I think we should try to keep this forum just for 00 though. There is already loads of stuff on the web about 0 gauge garden railways. They've got it easy.

Great pics by the way.