Plugging the point motor hole....

PaulM381

Hi

I wonder if anyone could help ? I've just recently returned to the ""oo"" world after many years and thought it might be good to model a layout in my garden. I have the main track laid on boards along my fence with tables for the turn-around at each end. I have just invested in some Guagemaster point motors and have installed them under the boards to operate a couple of points that make up a passing loop. My question is does anybody know where to get something like a rubber gaiter to plug the hole but still let the point rod move?

Any help would be most appreciated.....

Hi 

Thanks for the info. I've been mulling over the idea of using a rubber latex surgical glove. I thought if I could poke the motor rod through one of the fingers of the glove and then insert it into the hole this would give the flexibility for the rod to move. If I then put the rest of the glove over the top of the box containing the motor and decoder this would keep the moisture out. I work in a hospital so I think I'll try experimenting with some of the gloves we have. I'll post my findings if it could help someone else.