With the Paltryville Ridge and Peak Railroad operational, the next task was to create the link to the Snicketway.
This was a two part job. A short 90º bend to needed to be built and the Snicketway Baseboards needed short legs to lift it to the correct height of the PR & PR. I'd previously cut a suitable piece a of 18mm ply for the link board. I had to worth though how it would attach at each end. I added another piece of 18mm ply at a right-angle to enable it to be screwed to the Snicketway. I'd previously cut a step out of the aerated block for the other end to sit on.
The track was pinned to a simple curve. Carefully alined with the Snicketway and fishplates used at the Paltryville connection.
I cut 6 short legs for the baseboards and screwed them into the existing insert nuts. This took awhile, my saws are blunt after cutting the aerated blocks.
And I was up and running.
With the weather playing nice I left it all set up overnight.
Yesterday morning I put in a permeant power feed. Dropping off one of the bus zones for Amblethorpe, I added a DPDT switch to allow me to switch it off while running my OO setup.
The MacBook relocated to the shed and I was soon running using my old iPhone as a throttle.
I then went the whole hog and got all the buildings, backscenes and people out on the Snicketway.
I spent most of the time with a trolley circling and a shunter shuttling wagons back and forth. I have a magnetic uncoupler installed on the Snicketway. I need to add another in Paltryville. I may install that today.