Problems publishing video's to Youtube

EngineDriver

Mick I have just watched your cab ride 2 video on youtube and very impressive it is as well, in fact it make me wonder why I bothered building our layout at all :lol::lol:

Anyway my son has made a cabride of our meager offering but can I hell as like get it to upload to youtube it keeps saying "upload aborted" it is only about 3 or 4 mins long and about 340mb long what am I doing wrong as I saw your video is over 6 mins long? :(

regards Nige.

Hi Nige. I've started a new topic for YouTube problems to keep things orderly and moved your question here.

Without knowing your exact setup I can only hazard a guess as to what your problem might be. For a start, in my experiences YouTube can be very temperamental - sometimes it'll just work and at other times its plain awkward. I've only just returned to it after a few years away and on the few occasions I've used it recently, as soon as I select 'upload' to begin uploading a video clip it comes up with the error 'no network connection' or 'check your network connection and try again later' - something along those lines. Repeated attempts eventually get it to begin uploading and from there on in it's fine - never falters.

I upload clips in MP4 format after first copying them from my mobile to my PC. I've never tried uploading directly from my phone yet. With the Mobius Action Camera I again copy the files to my PC before uploading them. With the first cabride video I accidentally uploaded in MOV format as that's what the Mobius was set to, and that worked okay but I've since reverted to MP4, the same as my mobile. I'm not sure which format is best or which one is recommended we should use - I just stick with something once I know it works.

I don't do anything fancy with the videos - no text or added effects - but I may look into that later. For now it's just upload in MP4 format and play.

How are you attempting to upload, in what format, and from what device?

Hi Mick we are using an SJ Cam M10 mini cube and I'm pretty sure it's format is MOV but I'm not certain on that. I've tried many times to upload and it fails each time. The only way we have managed to get it to load is to split the video into two seperate parts, but that's not ideal. I'm fed up! :(