The Baimor Line claims it's first victim

Baimor

Trust me I'm with you guys. I love a good laugh. I just got to thinking and figured maybe we should talk about safety too. The funny thing is that our professional builder was the one who had the accident.

My dumbest was with a soldering iron. Burned my finger and my thumb. Threw it down and it fell off the table onto my bare foot and landed on my big toe. This is a classic dumb move. :D:D:D

Well the third visit to the hospital is now over :D:D:D . All was going well ( or so I thought !!) Until the doctor asked who had dressed the wound. I explained I had Been last week for surgery and that was the dressing they'd put on! The result ?? Dressing completely stuck to the wound and leaking puss due to infection!!! Not a happy bunny at all!!!! Upped the antibiotics dosage by 100% to try and stem the infection!! :shock::shock::shock::shock: Bloody jigsaws and bloody railways!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My sympathies to you. They did the same to me when I had my colostomy reversed last year. Dressings sewn deep in the wound that turned to infection. I'm afraid that I had to apologise to the surgeon and his nurse for my language after he had dug them out. It didn't really help when he just smiled and said thank you for the education, but if I had been lying there, they would have had to peel me off the ceiling.

:lol::lol: I know Roddy but what can you do mate? A friend said I should make a claim but we're all human and accidents happen! :cry::cry: I think these days we've become a nation that sues people at the drop of a hat which I don't agree with if I'm totally honest. As I said we're all human and all capable of making mistakes. The main thing is that it can be put right. It's not as though I'm going to lose a finger or anything so no real harm done mate. In fairness they couldn't apologise enough and my way of thinking is that if I make a mistake at work I put it right I don't expect being sued ( which has thankfully never happened) so I'm going to grit my teeth and let them sort it out mate. Sorry to hear about your problem but hope it sorted out for you mate. Regards. Mark