Baimor Line started

Baimor

Good mate thanks. Back at hospital again on Monday for dressing changed and to see how the stitches are doing. More prodding and bloody poking!! Lol! Mustn't grumble though there's people far worse off than me. Besides the time off work has given me more time to work on the railway!! ( when the Mrs isn't looking!!) I managed to run a few trains on all 3 tracks yesterday which was good. Shame it was only backwards and forwards over the 45 metres or so that is done but at least it all ran well with no power issues. That was my main concern in case I had a problem with wiring or continuity but taking my time and double checking everything as I went along seems to have paid dividends.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you are on the mend, there is always someone worse off than you/me but that knowledge does not always help, especially when things are going wrong.

Anyway I am pleased that your your layout is working as you would wish, and, as you say it is always wise to take your time with these things, particularly the wiring, not my favourite job at the best of times but also not one I want to do twice either.

I'm back at work tomorrow (Mon) :( more bloody stopping trains to Leeds I expect :( On a lighter note we went to Wakefield Model railway ex on Sat, nice little show again this year :)

I was going to try and make the Wakefield exhibition myself but had other commitments. Good to hear you enjoyed it mate. I found that I really enjoyed the wiring aspect. Sat in the shed at night, heater on and sat soldering droppers to the rails. You're right about taking your time tho and not rushing things. Just because I enjoy the wiring doesn't mean I'm in a rush to do it again!! Lol!

Hi Baimor, how is your hand going now, yeah not fun at all going to the hospital to get the dressing changed, is the hospital not far away.

I have to see a nurse on Wednesday to fill out a programme so I can use the Physio for 5 times through out Media-care system, I am having trouble wit my nerves in my legs and face, not fun at, am hopping to get my layout up and running before it gets too bad.

Good you are doing light duties on you layout like sorting out the bus wiring , are your wires colour coded, mine are, I going to change mine around Positive +to Blue and Red - Negative had those colours the other way around on my older layouts. Signals and point motors different colour code and on 25way computer plugs, bus wiring has different plugs stereo speaker type, layout is plug and paly set up and this layout be the same.

Hope your hand is getting better, how did you cut your hand.

Summer has come early we had 43 degrees in the sun 35 under the pergola Saturday, yesterday was cooler mowed the yard and trimmed a couple of hedges

Take care Tony from down under.

Hi Tony. Hope all goes well for you mate. Hospitals only 15mins any so not too bad for me. Yes I colour coded all my wiring ( thankfully) which makes it easier to trace should I have any future problems. I slipped with an electric jigsaw and went up my finger and under the fingernail mate! It's been sore but it's on the mend now. It's getting colder here by the day so I really envy your warm weather mate. I just put the heater on in the shed half an hour before I go in there at night and it's lovely and warm. Regards. Mark

Hi Baimor, thanks for the kind words, how is your hand going healing quickly, I am off to see a Physio on Tuesday , hopefully they will sort out what condition I have.

I am looking into who will be able , I will be looking into who help me speed up the construction, the layout is designed to be plug and play and the same with setting the modules up as well.

Today is a nice day 27 degrees so I will make the most of it, rain coming in the days will be cooler, but you have to watch humidity can be as high as 98 percent , done any more work on your layout.

Tony from down under. ;);)

Hi Tony from down under. Greetings from "up above"!!! Lol! Yes the finger is healing really well now mate thanks. Hope you're well mate and they've sorted you out. I'm really enjoying my time off and playing trains just can't wait till I have a circuit instead of just up and down the line. How's your layout coming along mate? Regards. Mark

• 1 year later...

A few images of the new BoW line. Gone is the viaduct and all the log roll and the up and over bit that I was never really happy with! In its place we now have 2 tunnels and a station platform will sit in front of these. Pics to follow. We've also undergone a name change from the Baimor line to the BoW line. ( Baimor on Waverley line). Baimor still as before but I thought Waverley as that's the housing development we live on on the old orgreave colliery site. As you can see it's still very much a work in progress but we will be running trains again by summer. 

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

Hi Baimar, good to here you are finely progressing well all to blame on that one in not making up our mind I have changed my layout around a few times, check my latest move in moving the spiral from out the front of the layout to the car port,. Made the bridge 6 inches higher to 18inches to clear for a RORO ship I be modelling, planning a RORO port as well, need to gain 6 inches, spiral is the best at the other end be replaced with a ramp (Modelling the Oresund Bridge between Denmark and Sweden)

I like what you are doing with the tunnels, sadly I can't have a permeant layout and do what your are doing with the rock borders, nice indeed, be looking forward to seeing more pics have you test run a loco yet, I am aiming for my first test loco on what I have built so far end of June, not far away or just after.

Hope you and your and family are out of arms length with the sad news coming from England, not good. ( everyone else ok )

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead

Hi Tony. Great to hear from you again mate. Hope you're well. Yes we are out of harms way thanks. Nearest 'target' to us would be the Meadowhall centre. Glad you're progressing well with your railway. I've run a couple of test trains to check for clearance etc as I built the tunnels. I'm pleased to say that all was well. I know what you mean about constantly changing your mind but I think I'm on the right track ( pardon the pun) now with getting the railway how I want it. Regards. Mark

Hi Mark,, glad you are all ok very sad to hear, hope the consent on Manchester  cheer everyone up, it is on our network channel 9  here tonight, good to  all see the singers coming together for a good cause, they are doing a simular consent to raze money to help the Cyclone Debbie victims rebuild. over here.

I am trying to get my layout as low as possible to the ground, very hard when the pergola isn't level, not to be, yeah can saw as well I am on the right track,, planning out to be my dream layout, just missing a stating yard but thinking of building vertical yard save on space and money not needing all those points, even thinking ahead with planning a branch line to a village.

Looking forward to more progress of your layout Mark and Engine Driver, I cut myself a lot as well ,bump the side of a module or a plant in the garden, one time hitting a vein in my leg boy did the blood spirt out big panic that day, nearly ended the construction of the layout.

Tony from down under keeping on moving ahead.

Thanks Mart, Nige, Tony, et al. Will try and get something running asap but will only be backwards and forwards at the moment as I've now pulled all the track up that ran through the shed! I'm going to make a scenic indoor layout in the shed so I can still run trains when it's wet but with pointwork going outside for dry days.