please welcome an intruder

TheQ

Evening, I've been contemplating my railway, for some years with an acre and a half of garden (or is that jungle) here on the coast of Norfolk, and with other time consuming interests decisions have taken some time. Part of the railway will be in the garden, and while searching for Ideas I came across this site which has greatly helped. My railway is in boxes at the moment but hopefully some time over the winter, the indoor part will commence while for the external section ground is being cleared. I'll not go into the rail much here as that will form my layout thread. which I will start shortly with a few outlines.

My railway interests are

MSWJR, GWR. The railway should span the last year of pre grouping to 1945.

I must mention it's not 00 :?: but 00 +1.7mm (hence the intrusion) but still 4MM Scale.

My main outside interest other than SWMBO is sailing 20ft boats on the Norfolk broads.

I'm 58 and an electronics technician.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm sure there's room here for some EM gauge modelling too so don't worry about it - just make yourself at home.

One and a half acres is some garden, I assume the railway will only take over a small part of that? How much space do you have available for the indoor section? I'm intrigued to learn if your plans for outdoor running is simply through choice or whether, like with many people, it's by necessity due to space limitations for an indoor set up.

Look forward to learning more about your plans.