Hornby wasteful packaging

mick

I've just received a part order of the latest Hornby K type Pullman coaches. I chose to support Hornby by ordering direct after joining the Hornby Collectors club earlier this year. Membership of the Hornby Collectors club gives members a 10% discount on the usual Hornby website prices and so works out roughly the same as ordering from a retailer but I feel in the current climate that it's better to support manufacturer's directly.

I know Hornby have been in transition recently and are in the process of a major UK warehouse reorganisation but I feel I just have to comment on the way that my current orders are being dealt with. My pre-orders are sent out without any advance confirmation from Hornby that goods are in stock and that payments have been taken. All I receive is a text/email from the courier on the morning of delivery with a specified delivery time slot. I do not know what is being delivered or how much I have been charged.

20150626_121407.jpg.56890448262c5432bc8857223f702946.jpg

As expected, on Monday morning I received another three boxes just like the ones in the above photo. Each box contained a single coach and a hell of a lot of those foam packing pieces. They're smashing coaches but could easily have been sent together in one single cardboard box. Oh well, I guess that's technology for you.

And an apology is due to Hornby with regards my previous post. I did in fact receive e-mail notification that these coaches had arrived in stock at Hornby and would shortly be dispatched but the 5 respective emails had gone directly to my spam folder. That's technology for you too. Sorry Hornby.