New Member.

Hoagy2810

Hi All. Would just like to say hello & thanks for my membership.

After many many years of being 'Too Busy Working' to have a good hobby. It's back to 'oo'.

So having decided to make it a Garden Railway / Shed. .. A lot of help will be required with the likes of DCC etc etc. I'll try & attach a couple of photo's of the project so far.

Thanks again.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welcome from the K&WR.

Always nice to see a new railway on the forum.

That's an interesting looking project you've got going there and it'll be good to see it progress.

Myself and others on here will be glad to offer any help that we can, although I can't give you advice on DCC as I run DC. There are others who are experts in that field though.

Ian

Ian. Many thanks for the reply. I'm still getting my head round the Forum site. Which looks Very Professional & very interesting. I did join the "Narrow Garden Railway" Group!! My big mistake of the week. Their 'enforcement' guy soon made it plain 'oo' was Not welcome.

Anyway here I am..

If this 'Gale' & Lashing rain would pack in, I'd be outside doin-a-bit. Just got some Bike Spokes which I've modified, to use as Point Push Rods & need to see if they will thread inside the guide tube to the 'Y' point set (will be posting more photo's of them, if they work)

Great to 'talk' with other oo guys, I'm not anyway near proficient yet & probably never will be, two days per week I'm with the 'Gas Axe & Hammer' guys at W&LLR Llanfair workshops. So that takes time away from 'the project'

Thanks again for the welcome,

Dave (Hoagy) Carmichael. :D

Hi Dave and you are more than welcome to the 'OO' gauge forum!

As IanR has already mentioned, it's always good to see a new layout on the forum and as I always say, quite often it's the incentive many of us need to get out there and start doing something again ourselves.

The weather can be a hindrance, as you're already aware, but don't let it put you off. There are so many good days to be had out there too.

Plenty of members here that will help you out if you need any advice on anything at all. We all like to hear what you're up to and of course, you'll need to keep adding plenty of photos to keep everyone entertained.

Look forward to seeing things develop. Best of luck with the weather.

Welcome aboard. Your story sounds very similar to most of us. WE all love trains, so there's no reason to wait for the amazing empire to get built as there is too much stock that needs a good run on a garden railway.

I look forward to seeing more on your layout as it evolves.

Finaly received the 2mt Long x 3mm od Fiberglass rods I've been waiting for. Just have to figure out a way of connecting the ends to the point solenoids and the other end to the quadrants (the design of which, are still in my head!!) ... And it's all good fun.

Will take a couple of pic's in the morning. Maybe someone has a similar set-up??

Hoagy.