Hornby ReRailer / Uncoupler - R620

pppp

I loved this piece of track as a child, and my 4 year old loves it to stick wagons and coaches on the lines.

Does anyone use these on their layouts or are they reserved for childrens play sets?

The rerailing aspect I would think would be very useful in a siding for getting trains and wagons on the track. The uncoupler is also a bit slicker than picking up coaches and wiggling them about.

Useful to include at a station/ siding set up, or waste of money?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PPPP, yeah uncoupler is a good idea, wonder it it will work on kadee's , I checked R620 out on the net and came up heaps more that Hornby bring out.

I came across R8244 , but found out that the motor is a separate item R8243 a good idea just a matter of flicking a switch form your control panel or you could use a manual point switch Peco bring out a rerailer a must for those coaches and freight wagons that are hard to put on the track.

With my layout on the floor looking into building a vertical lift storage yard in the same set up as an ironing board is, no getting down on my knees making up a train freight or passenger.

happy modelling from down under, Tony ;)

R8244-Hornby-00-Remote-Uncoupler-Unit681.jpg

101268_hornby_uncoupler_(r8244.jpg

SL-37_12527_Qty1_1.jpg