Camdale layout

aussietmrail

The javis grass matts have arrived all ready to go to get back into the Tehachapi loop tunnel 9 module , will see finely see some progress on the layout.

Even with buying grass matt ready made it still makes a mess so I am looking into spraying the grass once it is all down with some clear seeling stuff.

003 a.jpg

004  a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What a perfect day to end winter and to get back into the layout construction I had the ballast gang and landscapers working together the ballast took the longest to do and will use the same technique on the dirt roads using the same crushed concrete. What I did what put on white glue and sprinkled the only then blew off the access and sprayed with gray paint, the dark crushed concrete darked the gray paint turned out well, still do want to ballast the track, very happy with the out come.

The way I did the ballast it may be too dark so if so could anyone let me know, I am thinking of using sand for the dirt roads as they are a lighter colour in the real pic.

Had to do that before I gluesdthe Javis grass matting on, looks like I may have to build the dirt road up going by the Tehachapi loop pics on tunnel 9 to give a slope from the road to the tunnel, will need more plaster, still a lot of work ahead to finish the module.

It was difficult to glue the grass matting on the sides with the spiral going down on a angle an the start of the curve.

Here is a pic of the Tehachapi loop tunnel 9 I want to achieve, more to come next post.

Tony :D:);):lol::roll::mrgreen:

004.jpg a.jpg

001 a.jpg

More up date on todays work on TL's tunnel 9 module scenery .

Quite happy with the way the tunnel ends have turned out, what's the right word for the tunnel ends I always thought they are called tunnel portals.

Once I have finished putting the grass matts on looking at lightly spraying clear sealing spray the mats to stop the grass stuff coming off.

Tony :P:roll:8-)

004  a.jpg

003  a.jpg

002  a.jpg

Griff, thanks yeah all ready to go to tackle the dirt road, lucky it is only a width for one car, makes it easier, I may have to go to the landscaper mob to get some brown sand for the road base, waiting for Mick to check if the pics I want to post haven't got any copy right on them they are aerial pics of Tehachapi loop.

Are you still busy with work not being able to get back to your layout, you will.

Sorting out the Hornby Flying Scot's second power drive tender tomorrow, hoping to get to the train club on Saturday, be great to be running both Flying Scot tenders running together with 11 passenger cars behind it. :roll::shock:8-)

I am finding it hard to get a good aerial pic of the Tehachapi loop, till I decided to look at you tube , well say no more have found a couple of very good you tube aerial video on what I want to achieve on my TL spiral, all I have to is pause the video and take a pic od the screen, mind blowing what is out there when you type in the right search words.

It is amazing with the technology that is out there with the HD video camcorders coming out now to fit into a drone, on the wish list to get an I/pad controlled drone, pure awesome. :D:):mrgreen::shock:;)

Thanks Robert, still a lot of scenery work ahead to get the module to look the same or close to the real TL, wont be back to the module till next week, busy few days coming up ,fathers day on Sunday when is your fathers day, same date as ours over here. Have finely got the two tender drive tenders of the Flying scot running together, but not with the second tender running on it's own, to may issues with wheel pick ups, had to run wires from the other tender.

Today I will be tiding the wires up and bought those small plugs so I can disconnect both tenders, heading to my train club tomorrow for the madden run at long last, will start off with 8 passenger coaches and build up to hopefully 11 coaches ,be awesome .

Here is a great pic I found from the same bloke I got the permission to post his pics of the Tehachapi loop pics, the pic was taken at Taconite harbour Minnesota, worth a go even modelling in HO scale garden railway , a big challenge.

Tony :D:);):roll:

8149_1397056475  a.jpg

Finely at long last my Flying Scot running with the two powered tender drive tenders is now working together, but the only way was connecting the two tenders with wires, to hide them I painted them black to make out they are those air hoses, permanent connected together now.

The big madden run will be tomorrow at my train club starting off with 8 and adding more, be pure awesome.

Will look at replacing the Hornby couplers with close up couplers and now a project that is completed. :D:);):shock::lol::roll::P:mrgreen:

001 a.jpg

004  a.jpg

005 a.jpg

006 a.jpg

Hi Griff, thanks for the link to personal Journal, on Griff's Burger Joint, I have been all over the forum and didn't come across that post, thanks I have something planned to add to your post that will get ya going.

Thanks Robert for that eBay link on the 737, not sure if I would pay that much for it, the fuselage needs some more work done on it, keep them coming if you see any more on eBay

My Flying Scot past it's madden run in flying colours will shock Ian and I could of pulling another 5 coaches I reckon, got a lot of members going as they wanted to know how I was able to pull 11 coaches with a tender drive loco plus a second tender, I said have a closer look at the wires between the two tenders, they thought they were for air hoses added for show.

I will have to change the big Hornby couplers to their smaller close up couplers even on the two tenders, the only issue I had was the parcels van uncoupling due to the different couplers, other than tat was a very good day at the train club. and looking forward to running the Flying scot on my layout.

Tony. :D:):o:roll::lol:

001 A.jpg

002 A.jpg

003 A.jpg

004 A.jpg

Here is the long waited pics of my Lima 3801 double heading with a Lima 42204 diesel loco, when the Flying scot visited Australia in 1988 the 3801 and Flying Scot did double hear on some tours, was successful for the Flying Scot, I wasn't into model trains then and didn't get to see the FS when she visited Brisbane, would of been packed out I reckon.

I will have to look out how to fit a coupler to the front of 3801 so I can once my layout is finished so I can double hear both the flying Scot and 3801.

Does anyone know how to delete a second pic the same on the post

Tony

008 A.jpg

009 A.jpg

010 A.jpg

010 A.jpg

011 A.jpg

012 A.jpg

What a bugger I couldn't get any free sand from the creek behind me, had to go the local landscape mob to buy a bag of bedding sand the right colour for dirt roads, more than enough, cost $6.60, but boy was it heavy to pick up, those sand bags used to stop flooding, don't think as heavy as this bag is.

Don't know if I will get a chance tomorrow, meeting a sister for morning tea , Saturday I be right into finishing off the Tehachapi loop tunnel 9 module. :D:):o:shock:

DSCF1133  a.jpg

Had the earth movers heavy equipment out today working on the dirt road on the tunnel module, have to wait till the white glue dries so I can clean the excess gravel in the middle of the tyre tracks, will look good once that is done.

I also built the road base up so it will look pretty close o the Tehachapi loop dirt road, job for tomorrow.

Not to bad for a first attempt of modelling a dirt road.

Tony. :D:):o:roll:

001 a.jpg

002 a.jpg

003 a.jpg

Here is the pic I am talking about moving the road on the bend where the gate is from the same bloke I got the permission to post his pics onto the forum there is a better pic with a 4X4 at the gate but I will have to contact the bloke to get permission.

Should of printed out the pic, hopefully move the road with any problems.

Because I had to resize the pic the gate isn't all that clear to see, it is on the bend of the road I see if I can find his link, like to get the scenery as close as I can to the real thing, without measurements there is a of guess work involved.

Found a better pic of the gate in question of the same bloke.

Tony. :D:o:|:roll:

004.jpg a.jpg

005 a.jpg

I have moved the road to what it is supposed to like in the pic, now to glue in more of the bedding sand and to finish the road off scratch a gate and some fencing and later small shrubs.

The gate will go in behind the track, more pics to follow and I might get a chance to make a start on the bottom track cutting tunnel nine today.

Tony :roll::D:P

008 a.jpg

Have finely finished the first road on the loop very happy with the outcome but still lots more to do, tree and small shrub plans and weeds on the side of the road.

That plaster mound you can see is the start of a small hill, if you go back to post 118 you will see what I am aiming at, will look pretty good when finished, once all the grass is down on both sides I will move onto the rest of the spiral and go back to finishing off the final touches.

Tony. :D:):roll::roll:

009 a.jpg

010  a.jpg

011  a.jpg

012  a.jpg